𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 : 𝙇𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙠 𝘼𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙇𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜

𐬽✧𐬾✧𐬽————————(𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧)'DID YOU GET CHOKED OR SOMETHING?'

'DID YOU GET CHOKED OR
SOMETHING?'

𝟮𝗻𝗱 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝘆 𝟭𝟵𝟲𝟭

KATE patiently waited at the docks for Paul and the others to arrive. She continued to read her book Anna had given her and every now and than, she'd take her eyes of the book and admired her bracelet.

She sucked on her lemon sherbet, that she had brought from the sweet shop, while she was on her way to the docks.

Kate whined when she looked up and saw a -men who had just came off a boat- throwing up his breakfast, lunch and dinner from the other day.

She drew her eyes away from the disturbing sight and continued to read. Kate looked up and saw another boat pulling in.

She smiled to herself, balancing her bike against the wall and putting her book into the front basket.

She waited for her friends to get off the ferry, people after people she finally caught a glimpse of them.

"Kate!" Cyn said happily, hugging her best friend "I've miss you so much!" Kate smiled.

"You've got no idea, how much I've missed you!" Cyn said, squeezing her tighter.

"Your suffocating the poor girl," John said "come here." He smiled pulling Kate into his arms "I've you missed you, Johnny." She mumbled into her chest, he kissed the top of her head and said "I've missed you too."

After being greeted by George and Pete, she looked around and didn't see Paul "where's Paul?" She asked "here." Paul said from behind her.

She smiled and pulled him into a hug, Kate soon realised the loose hold he had on her "I've missed you." She said "so have I." He replied in a dull tone.

Kate looked at him and saw the bruise that's looked like a necklace "did you get choked or something?" She asked "something like that." He said with the same tone.

Kate turned away from him and saw the others looking at her sadly "everything ok?" She questioned "yeah." George smiled weakly.

"I'm going home." Paul muttered walking past the group, "what happened?" Kate asked "he got into a fight." Cynthia lied.

"I should get home." She said as rain started to pour "see you."

Kate walked over to her bike and started to ride away.

'There was something they weren't telling her.'

_____

STILL no Paul, she hadn't seen him in while. She'd went to the McCartneys house and Paul wasn't in. John had been quite quiet, same with George, Cyn and Pete.

She was in her kitchen baking some cookies, when there was a knock on the door.

Kate walked over and was greeted by the postman "hello sir." She smiled "for Catherine Monroe?" He asked "that's me, thank you."

She closed the door and looked down at the envelope, she made her way back to the kitchen and sat down at the dining table.

Kate opened it and it reads:

Miss Catherine Monroe

Dear Miss Monroe,

Congratulations! I'm delighted to inform you that you've been accepted into Fashion Institute of Technology.

Your thoughtful application and remarkable accomplishments convinced us that you have the intellectual energy, imagination and talent to flourish at Fashion Institute.
Among the over 20,000 applications we read, your distinguished record of academic excellence and personal achievement stood out.

We are thrilled to welcome you to the Fashion Institute community and look forward to the unique and extraordinary contribution we know you will make to the intellectual and extracurricular life of our campus.

The exciting next step is now yours. As Fashion Institute is probably only one of several options you will consider in the coming weeks, I hope you will use the time to learn more about us.

Should you decide to matriculate at FIT -and we sincerely hope you do- we will send enrolment information to you in late July.

Once again, I extend my congratulations on your admission to Fashion Institute of Technology and welcome to the FIT family.

Sincerely
Peter Clarkson

"Oh my god..." Kate muttered.

_____