19

Lisa's POV

I woke up early because I need to go back to work. My mother's funeral just ended yesterday and nothing will happen if I mourn here in this useless house with no one with me.

I do have a wife but she is not here to comfort me, nor did she attend the funeral. I haven't seen her since my mom died, she has a lot to explain to me.

I honestly don't want to end the marriage just because of what I discovered, if we had been together as a normal married couple or if she had at least shown me that she would have made an effort to make our mirage work even though I don't love her, I would have stayed or maybe I already fall in love with her, but no. I don't love her but I respect the sacredness of marriage even though they forced and threatened me I tried no matter what to be a good wife and partner for her.

It's been more than four years but I've never felt that she tried. She always says that she loves me but how she always leaves me for her work, and she only comes home when she wants make me feel that i'm nothing to her, what's more now, she made me believe that I'm infertile? God! Doesn't she know that there isn't a night that I'm not guilty of not being able to give her a child, then the truth is that she's the one who is not capable. so it's better for us to end this nonsense.

When I came down I noticed that there was someone in the kitchen I went to see who it was and I saw Chantal, preparing breakfast.

" why are you here?" it's not that I don't like my sister here, it's just very unusual for her to come here to visit.

"I want to join you for breakfast, dad  went to the airport early for a business meeting abroad." She knows that my wife is not here to comfort me.

We are eating when I noticed that Chantal wanted to say something.
" what is it?" I asked her.

"Lali, did mom say anything to you before she died?" I frowned, I already told them what mom said, and about Somi so I wonder why she is still asking.

Suddenly, I thought about Jennie, I just felt guilty that I hate her when she left not knowing that there was another reason why she did that.

"she told me that she was the reason why Jennie left me." I answered casually, Chantal smiled weakly.

"I know what was happening at that time Lali." she said .

I stopped eating and looked at her.
"The day you introduced Jennie Unnie as your girlfriend to us, Mom talked to her secretly. I heard her saying bad words to Jennie Unnie , mom said that she never expected that Jennie unnie was a gold digger, a user, an opportunist, she even called her a slut. Mom threatened her that she had to end her relationship with you but Jennie unnie fought for you Lali, she loves you so much. Mom can't do anything because she doesn't want you to know that she doesn't want unnie for you, so she just threatened her that when your relationship revealed especially at the company, mom will do everything to separate the too of  you." My eyes widened when Chantal said.

So does that mean mom is the reason why Jennie doesn't want others to know that we have a relationship? I really thought that she was not ready to be judged by other people, that's why she didn't want to let others know. God what was happening?

"And the day you accidentally announced  that she was your girlfriend. Jennie unnie called me, she is crying because she knew what was going to happen. I went to her apartment to comfort her but suddenly mom came and I hid myself in unnie's room because of fear and I heard their conversation again."  I didn't know what I would feel at this moment, I didn't realize that my tears were unconsciously flowing.