A mother's love

"Good evening mom"
Michelle's mom is busy folding clothes "oh Michelle it's you. Didn't I call you a while ago,why did you take time to answer"
"I am sorry I was with Naomi"
"Don't do that again, if you are being called you are to answer right away". Looking at Michelle " Do I make myself clear"
"Yes mom"
"I am sure you know the reason why I called for you"
"(Pretending) No mom, ehm you want me to help you with something"
"I didn't call  you to help me neither to joke with you. Why did you do it!?"
"Mom I am really sorry it was a mistake, I was just Playing with my friends . I didn't see the prince coming"
"That's not what I am asking you of my dear and about that...I know you did not do it"
"No I'm the one that did it"
"Michelle I'm your mother, I know you very well. If you are telling a lie I will know"
Putting her face down "Mom I did not want to lie, I promise. Naomi was really scared I just wanted to help her"
Smiles "it's good to help others but it doesn't mean that that you should harm yourself while doing so. What if the king had punished you huh what would have happened then and frankly the only thing your friend will do is to tell you sorry. See I am not trying to say that Naomi is a bad friend, noo she is a good friend of yours and you both care for each other. Still you need to be careful with the way you help others so that it doesn't cost you something really bad"
"Okay mom, thank you so much for not getting angry. I thought you were going to be mad at me for lying"
"Well you only lied to save your friend from trouble, but it doesn't mean I am encouraging you to lie, okay?"
"Yes mom"she hugs her mom
"But I am a little mad with you"
"Is it about what happened in the court room?"
"Yes, why did you speak rudely to the queen"
"I wasn't rude. I don't know if I was rude but I felt bad about what she said that is why I spoked to her in such manner"
Still folding the clothes "What did she say that made you feel bad"
"I know we are servants here but I don't like it when she puts it as if we are worthless people"
Laughs "she is the queen my dear we can't go against her or challenge her"
"Mom I wasn't challenging her at all. I only told the king that my father would have been alive if he didn't forced him to commit a crime"
Drops the cloth in her hand "What are you trying to say?"
"I'm trying to say that ..that ...
Holds Michelle by her arm "That what!"
"That the king had a hand in my father's death"
Slaps her "Don't you ever say that again. It should never come out from your mouth do you hear me Never!"
Touching her face "Why,why did you slap me . It is not like I am lying and you know it's the truth"she starts crying
"Hush! Keep quiet you are becoming rude nowadays"
"I am not rude"
"Who told you this"
"Nobody told me"
"Tell me who told you this now!"
"Micheal, he told me"
"Micheal!"
"Yes mum"
"Come to the room right now"
She shakes her head as she looks at Michelle who is crying
"Yes mom you are calling me"
"Close the door". He turns back to close the door
"Michelle said you told her that your father died because of the king. Is that true?"
He looks at Michelle "Yes ma"
"See let me warn both of you,never mention it again whether it is in the palace or outside the palace , do I make myself clear?"
"Yes ma"
"Michelle, she kneels down to wipe her tears. I am sorry for hitting you, I just don't want anything to happen to you, you know I love you so much. The king and queen did us good by allowing us to live in the palace, because of that you're alive and healthy. You can eat properly and go to school, you shouldn't take it for granted. You know that if they want to they can take everything from us and we can't do anything about it , do you understand my love?"
"Yes mom"
"Alright come lets hug .she kisses her forehead I'm sorry for hitting you . Have you studied today"
"No I haven't"
"Alright go and study in the garden"
"Yes mum"she takes her book and leaves the room
"Micheal what you did was wrong"
"I'm sorry mom I shouldn't have told her, but you didn't have to slap her"
"If I don't stop her from having those thoughts in her mind she might still continue questioning the king about it, you know how she can be. She's very adamant"
"Yes that is true"
"Your father is dead,so let's the past be forgotten for our own good. We have to move on it's been thirteen years already since your father's death"
"Okay mom I understand your point. Can I leave now I was busy with something before you called"
"Yes you can go now"
"Okay I will see you later tonight "
"Alright come back on time"
"Yes mom"he walks out
Sighs "Thank God the king didn't take what Michelle said to heart"she sits down and covers her face with both her hands