♡She Keeps Me Up ~ Song Fic♡

Vance x Reader // The song lyrics say "she" but it's NOT a fem!Reader!! // Based the song She Keeps Me Up by Nickelback // Aged up to 17-18 since there is suggestive language.

Lyrics are bold and italic // Vance saying the lyrics is italic and underlined

Vance's POV

I sit at the lunch table with my friend group, Finney, Robin, Bruce, Griffin, Billy, Donna, and Gwen. They all look at me with raised brows, a few of them having a smirk. "What?" I say while shrugging my shoulders and looking at them with a raised brow. "Soooo, are you gonna tell us about Y/n or not?!" Donna blatantly asks, Gwen lightly smacking her on the shoulder.

My mouth forms a small 'o' shape when I raise my brows in realization. I blush a bit at the memories at the party the night before, I let some hair fall into my gave hoping to cover the blush. "Ooooooooo, Pinball Vance blushing? What happened to the Vance we know?!" Billy sarcastically asked, making everyone at the table burst out laughing.

"Shut up Showalter or I'll have your head on a stick by the end of the week." I said harshly. "There he is!" Billy replies while laughing. I sigh before looking at them all, "Okay.. I'll tell you all what happened last night between me and Y/n." They all stopped laughing immediately and looked at me intrigued, I chuckled before recalling the memories.

(Play the music now)

She's got me nervous
Talkin' a hundred miles an hour

I sat on the couch in Billy's living room with Y/n beside me. They were telling me a story, but I couldn't focus 'cause of how close they are.. Their e/c eyes sparkling with delight, the delight that someone finally listened to them.

They talked so much, I started getting nervous I would miss a detail. I know Y/n is bad news since they've been to juvy multiple times but I didn't care. Y/n seemed friendly, only misunderstood with a short temper, just like me.

She's more than worth it
I swear she smells just like a flower

Y/n scooted closer to me, their hand resting on mine while they looked at me, a smile evident on their face. They were so close I could smell their perfume/colonge, it smelt like..flowers?

And I didn't care that being with them could get me in a lot of trouble with my mom. But it's worth it for Y/n.

I'd fall to pieces if I went anywhere without her

When Y/n got up to go to the bathroom, I followed behind them like a lost puppy. I didn't want to sit there awkwardly, I couldn't leave them.

Once we reached the bathroom, I waited outside. But when I heard the toilet flush, Y/n pulled me inside. They were smiling brightly, they took my hand and said, "I know we haven't known each other for a while, Vance.. But.. I like the thought of getting to know you better." Y/n looked at the ground then back at me. I looked deep into their eyes and subconsciously leaned closer, they did the same, then.. we kissed.

I love when she says, what's wrong with right here on the counter

Shortly after that kiss, it became a heated make out. Y/n sat on the counter with their hands tangled in my hair and my hands under their shirt. They pulled away to take a breath, their forehead resting on mine, "Y/n..do you wanna take this somewhere else?" I asked hinting to the bedroom.

They chuckled before wrapping their legs around my waist and whispering in my ear, "What's wrong with right here on the counter?" I caught the hint and looked to check if the bathroom door was locked, which it was, before going back to making out with them.

Funky little monkey she's a twisted trickster
Everybody wants to be the sisters Mr.

I laid in the bathtub in a bubble bath with Y/n laying on my chest, "Hehe, that was fun.." Y/n said tiredly. I chuckled and kissed their head, "Yeah, and I didn't know you we're that flexible. You're a little twisted trickster aren't you?" I chuckled to myself and heard Y/n laugh too, "Guess I am, and I'm pretty lucky since most people wanna be my sisters Mr." They said sighing before looking up at me. "You're a good guy, Vance. Most people just don't see it." They smiled softly before going back to the position they were in before.

I smiled to myself and relaxing. God, I love Y/n L/n.

Coca-cola, rollercoaster

I chuckled at the memories, everyone at the table looking at me shocked. "Love her even though I'm not supposed to" I said to no one in particular. (imagine it says them, the lyric just says 'she'😭)

I look over at the table Y/n's sitting at and notice them already looking at me. I smile and wave, they did the same. Donna was super giggly. "Finally! Vance has a partner!!" Donna squealed. "Well, we're not official.. But I guess so?" I questioned. Gwen squealed with Donna, both of them bouncing in place while holding hands. I smiled while thinking about Y/n and me, finally being together.

(Here's the rest of the lyrics bc I'm too lazy to finish this shit 😭)

Funky little monkey she's a twisted trickster
Everybody wants to be the sisters mr.
Coca-cola, rollercoaster
Love her even though I'm not supposed to
She keeps me up (I keep you up)
All night (all night)
She keeps me up (I keep you up)
All night (all night)
All night

I need her so bad
Sometimes I think that I can taste it
This evil romance
So good I never wanna waste it
I can't trust my friends
'Cause she's what everybody chases

And I know where she's been
'Cause it's on everybodys faces

Funky little monkey she's a twisted trickster
Everybody wants to be the sisters mr.
Coca-cola, rollercoaster
Love her even though I'm not supposed to
Funky little monkey she's a twisted trickster
Everybody wants to be the sisters mr.
Coca-cola, rollercoaster
Love her even though I'm not supposed to
She keeps me up (I keep you up)
All night (all night)
She keeps me up (I keep you up)

All night (all night)

(Got got, gotta get it get it
Got got, gotta get it get it
Gonna gonna gonna hey ey ey ey)
I'm looking for what I have to slow down
Gotta be a better way to come down
I've gotta stay awake somehow
(Gonna gonna gonna hey ey ey ey)

I'm looking for what I have to slow down
Gotta be a better way to come down
I've gotta stay awake somehow
(Gonna gonna gonna hey ey ey ey)

Funky little monkey she's a twisted trickster
Everybody wants to be the sisters mr.
Coca-cola, rollercoaster
Love her even though I'm not supposed to
Funky little monkey she's a twisted trickster
Everybody wants to be the sisters mr.
Coca-cola, rollercoaster
Love her even though I'm not supposed to
She keeps me up (I keep you up)
All night (all night)
She keeps me up (I keep you up)
All night (all night)
Got got, hey ey ey
Got got, hey ey ey