Chapter 2

The picture above has nothing to do with the story, but I just want to say they are such precious human beings that ever existed!!

____

The bell rang, screeching as if it is was the end of the world.

Lily sighed and got up, lazily. She looked at me, disappointed at the interruption. " We should get rid of the bell. Or whoever created the bell."

I jokingly said as I got up. " Agreed. Maybe some times, say.. Next week?"

I smirked. " What do you say?"

She rolled her eyes at me and smiled wryly. "Nah-"

" I know right. I mean who are we kidding?"

Lily smirked, as she walked out the door. " We don't even have the guts to do that."

I rolled my eyes, knowing that what she said was true. As I walked towards the door, I bumped into her shoulder, smirking. " Come on, Lily."

As we slowly walked out of the classroom, the speaker came alive after several times of malfunctioning --which shows how old our high school really is.

Our principle's voice came out of the old and dusty speaker. "All classes are dismissed for today. Everyone but the teachers can go home now, due to an important issue. All teachers, come to my office after this message."

When we heard this wonderful news, the whole class cheered along with the other classes' that joined faintly, creating a harmonious but disruptive sound.

And as we know, there is this one kid who says something we all want to say. That one kid was one of the jocks named Jason, who climbed up the nearest table to the door and yelled, " FUCK YEAH!!! WE ARE FINALLY OUT OF THIS PLACE! LET'S GET OUT OF HERE!!"

   We all cheered after hearing that, and we ran out of our small and claustrophobic classroom and to the lockers to get the damn things that were slowing us down. (Why, in the world, can't we have a portable and light bag that can carry all of our things without dragging us down?! Where is Dora's bag when you need him?! Dora... you are one annoying part of my memories, who has the one thing I really want.)

Thank god there is no school for the rest of the day!!! I don't think I was going to survive the tests I have in my AP classes. Seriously. The reason I was really glad that school was over for the rest of the day is that this meant I wouldn't have to think about Tia's confusing actions --I think she hates me but loves me-- and I could just relax.

Relaxing meant not thinking of things related to school for the next so-so hours. This also meant curling up in my comfortable bed with a lot of blankets, eating my favorite junk food, and watching the Office. Just thinking about this makes me so happy!!! ^.^

As I finally walked out of the exit door of my school, I was joined by Lily, who looked out of breath. I smiled at her and said, " What made you extremely breathless just now?".

I continued slyly. "Is it Brian, that "adorable" and "sexy" piece of human being?"

Lily blushed bright red at the words that I said, which she had gushed to me earlier this week.

  Lily stopped to look around quickly to see if anyone heard the words I said and glared at me furiously. She grabbed my hand and pulled me furiously, while whispering, "Stop reminding me of him. I so didn't meet him in the halls and I sooo didn't talk to him. And guess what I soooo am not going to tell you about it!"

Inwardly, I laughed hard at Lily's behavior toward Brian. Outwardly, I emitted a sullen and bullied look. As I tried not to laugh, I said," I'm sorry Lily."

As we neared Lily's red car, Lily looked at me, with a faltering look, and quickly looked back.

Okay... That didn't work. Time for plan B!

When we came to a stop by car, I whispered to her," I will let you read my precious and limited edition manga that you always wanted. And I will buy you a latte from Starbucks."

Lily sighed dramatically. " Well because of my kind heart, I decided to forgive you. And out of such kindness, I decided to give you a ride home."

I smiled brightly. I bent down to feigning a bow and said dramatically," THANK YOU, MY QUEEN, FOR FORGIVING THIS PEASANT!!"

Then in the overpopulated parking lot, filled with many high school students, we looked at each other before laughing out loud. That got us some looks which spurred us to even laugh harder. And in the end, we were gasping for air as we desperately clutched the red  car to give us some stability.

Lily calmed down first and before starting to laugh all over again after seeing me. As she gasped for air, she said," Stop making me laugh! Just looking at you makes me laugh!"

I tried to stop laughing. "No, it's because you made me laugh!"

  Then Lily rolled her eyes and said," Surrreee!"

  I protested by saying," Hey! You know this is true!"

  Lolly smirked, and said sarcastically," Yes, you are."

I smiled and rolled my eyes.  " Come on and drive me to my house. I'll drive you tomorrow."

 By the time I finished the sentence, Lily opened her door and motioned me to jump in. With no talk but utterly unbelievable mind connection we had as best friends, I opened the passenger seat door and sat down on the seat. With the sounds of the school fading into the background as Lily drove off, I settle into this familiar environment and just gazed out the window, where all I could hear was the familiar sound of the car's engine and the comfortable silence.