23: Insect

"it's so big! I wonder who lives here.." Funneh mumbles, looking at the house. "Obviously me guys, I actually own this like big ass house" Gold explains, in a sarcastic like manner. "Oh my god, really? Then you won't mind me going in and opening all the lights and fans and leaving on all the water taps?" Funneh asks, snickering. "..are you trying to increase my bills or something?" You try to focus more on the water surrounding the mansion..

There didn't seem to be a bridge.. how will you.. get across? You squat down to take a closer look, perhaps there's something invisible to walk on? A puzzle?

"Whale, whale! Hello there, friends!" A loud cheerful voice exclaims. You look around, in panic. Where did.. that voice come from..? You turn to your friends, who seems to be just as startled as you were. "..Who..?"

*SPLASH

You shield your face upon hearing the sound, multiple droplets of water splash onto you. Slowly, you open your eyes to see what had appeared in the water in front of you.. it's a whale, a light blue one. It stares at you with its two dotted eyes and toothy grin.

"The names Humphrey! Humphrey the blue whale!" He introduces. You get up as you friends walk to you, "heyyy Humphrey!!!!" Funneh greets, with her hands in the air. ".. You know him?" Gold whispers to her, "I don't- but.. he sounds nice! Might as well greet him, you know?" She answers back.

"What brings you to my humble house?" He asks.

Your humble house..?
"Well yeah! Who do you think this house belongs to?" He asks, that cheery tone never dropping. "..well, not a whale.." Gold bluntly mumbles. "Hehe! Whale now you know!" You feel like this whale and Rainbow would be the bestest of friends.. somehow.

"Anyways, Hump! Can I call you that? We're looking for someone, have you see a girl with pink hair?" Funneh asks, immediately getting straight to the point. "..Ooh pink hair? I've seen two! Which one do you mean?" ..two. Who else has pink hair here other than Sweetheart..?

".. Two? Wait.. Rainbow.. did she?" Funneh mumbles before chuckling to herself, "oh Rainbow.. she must've missed us!" She laughs. "..was there one with twin tails?" Gold asks, holding her hands up to her head to make it easier for the whale to understand. "..Oh yes! That one wore a pretty little dress! But she was mean!!" He exclaims, a bit sad. "She called me a plump ugly whale!" That's shitty.. come on, Sweetheart. "Aw you poor thing! Don't worry.. she's just like that" Gold reassures him, petting his face.

".. you're nice, you all are! Are you searching for her?" He asks. "Yeah we are! We're here to stop her from doing anything bad!" Funneh exclaims. "Oh dear, is she a bad person?" "I guess you could say that.." "then you'll have to get there fast! Come! Get on my back!" He exclaims, bending down. Ooh, whale back ride! The three of you slowly get on his back. "All aboard!!" He exclaims, as a little stream of water shoots out of his blowhole.

..

It took about two minutes to reach the other side, that's how wide the stream was. The three of you jump off Humphrey, as you notice now how big the three-storey mansion was close up. Not as huge as the pirates hideout earlier.. but still huge nonetheless. "Thanks Humphrey!" Funneh exclaims, turning back to the whale. "No problem fellas! Now.." he pauses for a bit.

"Do any of you have some food?" He asks, "staying around in foodless water does a lot to a little whale like me! Nyak, nyak!!" He laughs. You don't have anything on you if you're correct.. you check your pockets, just to be sure. "Oh, sorry Humphrey- I don't have anything!" Gold exclaims, showing off her empty hands. "Yeah" Funneh agrees, showing off her empty pockets.

"Oh. Whale, it's okay!" The whale reassures, despite the slight disappointment on his face. "We'll find some food for you inside, okay Humphrey?" Gold reassures, making the whale excited again. "You promise?" "Yeah, sure" the whale squints his eyes in a happy expression, as he waves goodbye before disappearing into the water once again.