16: Lost Library

..

You stand outside the huge double doors, nobody was around except for the four of you.. perhaps because of Sweetheart and Captain Spaceboy..

Funneh sighs in relief, "man.. that was horrifying, should've warned us before they started making out" she shudders at the thought. "Oh come on, Funneh! I think it was quite.. romantic" "shut up Gold" "shut up Funneh" they argue, you expect Rainbow to stop their bickering.. but she doesn't.

Her eyes seemed to be.. lost, wandering the walls.. then to the floor.. then to the walls again.. what was she looking for? You'll help! You look for something with her, and before long her eyes turn towards you. Her expression.. she seemed sad.. upset? Regretful? Mad? Pained?? You don't know. You can't tell. That isn't like Rainbow, her expressions.. you could always tell what she was thinking in a flash.. but now.. you can't at all. She looks hurt, broken even? What happened? Was it Sweetheart? She did say some mean things to her earlier..

"Eclipse.." she mumbles, you immediately stop your thinking.
Yeah? Is everything okay?
"..." She pauses, turning away. "I'm.. so sorry" she mutters, she turns back to you. "I should've helped you in there.. but I was just.." She looks towards her hands, "so scared"

Your friends immediately stop bickering, they turn towards Rainbow. "Oh- Rainbow it's okay, we're all fine aren't we? Sweetheart wasn't a match for the power of our friendship" Funneh jokes, trying to lighten up the mood. This just gets her a slight slap to the head by Gold.

"...I was the oldest thus I should've stopped you and her.. yet all I did was stand there and watch.. as you all got hurt fighting over me.. even Funneh died at one point-" she glances towards Funneh, who slowly started to realise that probably right now wasn't the best time to joke around. "Then she hit Gold.. then she hit you.. then she almost choked you.. then she kicked you to the ground- I couldn't.."

But you saved me didn't you? Earlier you..

You tried to reassure her, you really did but you weren't the best at words.. you always show your affection via actions.. but what were you supposed to show now? A finger heart?? Please..

"I'm so useless.. I'm sorry" no. No no no, no you aren't. Rainbow falls to her knees, and in turn you fall to yours as well. A hug. A hug is what she needs perhaps? That's right.. she must need one.. maybe she's just stressed. You awkwardly try to get in a hugging position, as Rainbow just takes it in, embracing you.. it was always awkward whenever you started the hug, that's why Rainbow always gives the best hugs.

She grips onto your shirt, as her face sits on your shoulder. "I'm sorry Eclipse.. I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry.." what happened. Why is she so.. upset? It was just a fight.. and you fought in front of her multiple times before haven't you? Why now does she break? It's scary, did something different happen? You turn towards your friends, for any sign of understanding.. maybe they know something you don't..

They're faces were quite blurry, you had to squint to see their faces.. even then they were little blurry but you could tell from their faces they had no idea what was happening, they don't say anything though.

"I should've been there for you, I should've never left your side.." Rainbow, you never.. you grip her tighter, what's wrong? Was it the hormones-??? that's what your mom usually said when Rainbow acted different from usual..

"You were just a kid.. I shouldn't have forced you to do something you didn't want to.." She sobs. She didn't force you to fight, that was all on you. You were just protecting your sister. Isn't that what she wanted? Did she not.. want you.. to protect her..?