Chapter 77

herm herm hermmmmm it's the weekend.)

"I feel like all I've been eating is pizza during this entire fanfic." I said, eating whatever I was eating. Dave ate his pizza, amused at my annoyance. "I thought everyone liked pizza?" He says, drinking his soda. "Not when you have it so often.. or when you're sick of the smell. The greasy texture.. god." I list, drinking my water.

"Makes sense, I mean, I just haven't had a good veggie pizza in a while." Dave ate his veggie pizza, even more satisfied. "Right. I feel like that's the only thing I'm willing to eat." I say, folding my arms. "You good there? You look like you've seen better days. I don't mean to be rude, you just seem.. so stressed."

I shrug, "It's nothing. I'm just tired." I calmly responded, drinking my water. "Y/n, I have a few kids of my own. I should know when something is up. I know you're a grown adult, and you are! But, some adults can .. grow up to be a kid too." I raised a brow, not understand his point. "In my experience, I bottled up whatever shit happened to me. When I was your age, I took every hit. And hurried it deep in me."

Dave looked away, breathing in and out. "21, right? That's the year I made so many stupid kid mistakes. I made so many, but the worst mistake I made was not communicating my emotions. Not having a break." He sighed, drinking his soda before continuing. "I know it doesn't seem like it to you, but take a minute to think. What's wrong? Everything, you might say.. y/n. You're strong. You're brave."

Dave looks at me, with worry in his eyes. "Listen, I'm aware your father wasn't around for the whole mental shit. and your mom.. well. She's odd. But, if you need to talk to someone, I'm all ears." He smiled gently.

"Why're you saying this?"

"You're good. I can tell. I can tell it when I see it. And god knows you need a break. Now, I saw how you left the daycare looking stressed. Care to explain? I know kids can be a lot, as a daycare attendant you should be aware — right?" . . . .

"This kid told me some stuff. It's business.." I muttered. Dave nodded, looking at the time. "We have around 30 to 25 minutes until your break ends. Let's head to my office, alright?"

"So, what's the issue?" Dave asks, sitting down on his chair. He offered me a mint/lollipop/health bar. Taking it, I gently put it down in my lap, sitting on the chair. "So this kid, I guess they're new, said some weird stuff to me. Says that sun and moon threatened to hurt them." Dave sighs, rolling his eyes. "There's just no way. Sun and moon aren't .. capable of saying those types of things to children. Did the kid say what they said?" He asks.

"Says that Sun and moon will rip out their teeth. Or some shit.. weird." Dave sighs, rolling into his desk more. "Kids lie, y/n. Sometimes they make up these great stories because they need attention." He explained. "But- they're just so.. they're just- oddly respectable? They're different from the kids."

"Probably rough parenting." He says, taking out a few folders. "Y/n, if you're more stressed than normal, you're welcome to take today off. I don't mind, and I'm sure Sun and moon won't mind." He smiles. I looked away then back at Dave. I then noticed another injury to his arm. "Y/n, please. I- uh.." Dave stopped and stood up. He walked around his desk. "No- y/n look straightforward." Confused, I did it anyways.
.
.
.

EXTREME ANGST WARNING

"Y/n.. is someone hurting you?" Dave slowly asked. Puzzled, I looked at him. "What do you mean?" I ask. Dave pulled out his phone, and lifted my hair/pulled my collar away from my neck.

I heard him take a picture using his phone. "Y/n.. please be honest with me." Dave showed me the phone. My heart sank, realizing what he showed me. "Is someone hurting you?" He says. On the back of my neck was a red-bruise hand print. As if grasping onto the back of my neck.