CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

THE FIRE BETRAYAL

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

♤♢♧

Daemon had remembered when Rhaenys first arrived on Dragonstone to inform him of the dead of his wife and their newborn babe, along with his brother. The Rogue Prince had nearly choked the life out of Princess Rhaenys who had been patient with the man, taking his grief in, and consoling him. And now his Queen, and eldest daughter, informed him the Greens had killed Lucerys who had gone to Storm's End as an envoy.

Daemon didn't know how he ever managed to sought control, but he did bark orders at Tully before he flew back to Dragonstone, Caraxes landing which precision that it made the younger dragons look even more like toddlers. "Bring me to the Queen!" Daemon barked to the poor soldiers.

When he entered the Great Hall, he was met with a throne, one made from volcanic stone, held together by the Blood Magic of Old Valyria, the seat of previous Lords of Dragonstone, now the throne of Queen Alaenys. "Prince Daemon" Alaenys said as she looked up, her crown looked to be made of Valyrian steel, it's spikes resembled dragon wings, with in the middle the Targaryen three headed dragon whose eyes had small stones of Amethyst in them.

Viserys crown had not been disregarded without second thought, it had been placed on the top point of the Throne of Dragonstone, in honour of King Viserys and his eldest child, Princess Rhaenyra. "Your Grace" Daemon said as he bowed before the Queen, her King and Husband standing at the table with the Purple Small Council and his brother, Daeron. "Have you brought good news?" Alaenys asked, standing from her seat, walking over to her father, and her Master of War. "The battle was won, and the Riverlands have now all pledged themselves to us" Daemon said, of course, Caraxes intimidation had helped a great deal, but the River Lords had fought well alongside the Prince.

The men at the Painted Table clapped for the Rogue Prince, who turned himself towards his daughter. "What are we to do now, Your Grace?" he asked, and Alaenys knew he was hinting at the death of her brother. "Do not worry, father, I will make sure Lucerys is avenged" Alaenys said. "Why don't you speak of your plans with the Small Council, Prince Daeron and King Aemond have had some insight to the Greens plans." Alaenys said and left the room, placing her grown on the railing next to the stairs.

She walked outside, with a torch in hand as she walked inot the cave, softly singing a High Valyrian song her father once sang when he visited Aenar and Jaehaera shortly after they were born. She softly sang it as she walked into the cave, looking at the dark space where the Dragonkeepers told her he would be.

Vermithor.

The large dragon had been nearly as big as Vhagar, only a slightly difference but once they were both in the sky none could tell the difference in size. Vermithor had been the mount of King Jaehaerys, first of his name. He had to be near a hundred years old now.