CHAPTER NINETEEN

⎯THE FIRE BETRAYAL

CHAPTER NINETEEN

☀︎☀︎☀︎

Alaenys and Aemond managed to hide the fact they were married on Dragonstone for years, they had married for three years now, and none but Alaenys direct family knew. The twins had been five years old now, and little Viserra had been 3, something Alaenys couldn't believe.

Alaenys hadn't gotten pregnant again after Viserra for a while, and it wasn't for the lack of trying. She sometimes thought she spend more time wrapped in Aemond's silk sheets than her own. She did finally about 8 months ago, and when she told Aemond, he had been scared, but she had reassured him enough for him to know that whatever happened with her pregnancy, it wouldn't be as bad as with Viserra.

Aenar had managed to fly on his dragon, low above the ground and in the Dragonpit, Aemond had been the one to keep an eye on them as they went to practise, while the Dragonkeepers didn't approve of it much, they still let the little prince and princesses join the small training session Aemond organised.

Aenar had named his golden dragon, even more beautiful and stronger than Sunfyre, Daria, and she had been a fast grower. She looked quite a lot like Syrax, except her scales shined even brighter.

Jaehaera had named her dragon, Bazmion, and he had been a wilder dragon than her twin's dragon. Bazmion was brown in colour, and heavily horned, which made it slightly difficult to mount him, and the Dragonkeepers didn't like Bazmion much, but he had been closely bonded with Jaehaera. She had been a warmth to the Realm, yet her dragon had been one of the most feared ones, even at his young age.

Viserra still remained her close bond with Silverwing, even at three years old, when a few months ago Viserra had been sick with fever, Silverwing refused to leave the courtyard, even when it heavily inconvenienced people. Silverwing was too big for anyone to do anything about.

Alaenys enjoyed walking with her children through the castle, just her and them, with Aemond often close by. Ser Erryk had been around a lot too, it had helped with any type of rumours rising, and Alaenys had been grateful for the knight, he had even been gifted an Amethyst by Aemond, as thank you for his loyalty to Alaenys. His brother, Arryk, had not been a loyal friend, he had barely been a friend, aiding in Aegon's adventures in Flea Bottom, and worse.

"Now, what were the names of the dragons that Aegon and his sisters used for their conquest?" Alaenys asked, looking at her children, teaching them the history of their family. "Vhagar!" Jaehaera yelled out smiling as she looked at Aemond, who smiled back at her. "Very good!" Alaenys complimented her daughter. "Who else?" Alaenys asked, looking at Aenar and Viserra. "Balerion" Aenar said looking at his mother, smiling as he too got the answer right. "And who was the last one, Viserra?" she asked her youngest child. Even at three, Viserra had been a bright young girl. Viserra's dragon dreams had started to manifest quite early, and it had caused her to not like to sleep alone.