CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

THE FIRE BETRAYAL

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

♤♢♧

Alaenys spend most of the following day laying in Aemond's arms after they had said goodbye to their children, leaving for Essos in the early morning. Daemion and Maelor remained, and they'd be watched by Helaena if they were away from Dragonstone, and from the words of her bannermen, that might be sooner than she hoped. Alaenys enjoyed closing her eyes and not thinking of all that had been going on. But nothing seemed to be in her favour today.

The urgent knock on the door made them both wake from their bliss as they quickly dressed themselves and looked to see who it was. "Your Grace, Lord Saunton has sent word that Rook's Rest had been attacked by Aegon on Sunfyre, with Criston Cole leading a large army. Both Aemond and Alaneys rushed into the Great Hall, towards the painted table as they looked around. "How did we not see this before?" Alaenys asked, looking at everyone. "They tried to distract us by marching toward Duskendale. They already killed lord Darklyn, we cannot lose Rook's Rest too" Daemon said as he looked at his daughter.

Alaenys looked at the map. "Ready Vermithor, I shall go myself" Alaenys said and looked at the men around her. "You can't" Jacaerys said. "I can and I will. You will fly to find the Northerners, fight alongside them, keep them with Vermax as much as possible. Daemon, I need you in the Riverlands, and Aemond shall protect the Vale. Lady Jeyne Arryn will help you from there" Alaenys said looking around. "The Velaryon fleet will be led by Addam Velaryon, to keep Driftmark safe" Alaenys said, and no one dared to go against the Queen, whose eyes filled with fire.

"I shall go with you, Your Grace" Rhaenys said and Alaenys nodded. She could use the help of Meleys. "Jofrrey, my children, my younger brothers, and the children of Princess Helaena are to be protected by all means. No children on Dragonstone of us shall be harmed" Alaenys said. "Ser Erryk, I hope you are well to lead an Army as Lord Commander" Alaenys said and ser Erryk nodded. Alaenys went back to her room, as did everyone else.

War had come for them now. And it didn't seem like Prince Aegon would backing down. But neither would she. "Are you sure I shouldn't come with you? I have Vhagar, Alaenys" Aemond said as Alaenys had changed in her riding armour, her hair braided tightly to keep it in check as she turned back to her husband. "I will need Vhagar for bigger things, she was always meant to claim Dorne, and she will. For now, protect our other allies, we cannot afford to lose more Lords from our side." Alaenys said and Aemond nodded kissing his wife. "Kill him, do not hesitate" Aemond said and Alaenys nodded knowing exactly what she needed to do.

Unfortunately, Queen Alicent knew more than she thought, she had ordered bastards of previous Targaryens who could fight, to fight. Bastards of Dragonkeepers and what not were ordered to find a Dragon and claim them for King Aegon, and while everyone would be away from Dragonstone that would easily be done.