CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN

THE FIRE BETRAYAL

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

♤♢♧

Alaenys had not left sight of her children since the news of Luke had arrived at Dragonstone, she had finally left them, when news arrived that Jace had returned. Daemon had send word that he would stay at Harrenhal, protect it there, awaiting the Northerners and sending them on their way.

"Alaenys!" Jace called out and Alaenys looked at Jace with sorrow. "Jace—"she started. "No, what has happened?" Jace asked, none had told him yet, letting him focus on his own task. "The Greens, they killed Luke when he was at Storm's End" Alaenys said. Jace held on to the wall, looking at his Queen and sister. "What are we to do about it?" Jace asked. "Nothing yet—" Alaenys said and Jace scoffed. "Listen to me, if we burn them all down now, we will have nothing. There would be no Iron Throne for me to rule from. We need to wait, for our allies, and kill every single one who declares for Aegon" Alaenys said, and fire spewed in her eyes.

"They killed our mother and brother, and we will not let them get away with it, mark my words, but we must not lose our heads" Alaenys said and stood straight. "We must be calculated, and smart, drive them away from King's Landing so we can take the city" Alaenys said. "But every single last one of the Greens shall turn into ash, we will get our revenge, with fire and blood we will have it" Alaenys said and leaned her forehead against Jace's who nodded.

"Alaenys, I have been a fool" Jace said and looked at his sister. "On a personal matter or one that will affect all of us?" Alaenys asked. "Slightly both" Jace said and looked at his sister. "Do I need to advice my Hand?" she asked. "No!" Jace said and grabbed his sister's arm. "Jace—"she said, and looked at him as he looked down at his shoes. "What have you done, Jacaerys?" she asked.

Jace didn't say a word, replaying everything that had happened in Winterfell. While Cregan Stark was happy to ally himself with Alaenys and Aemond, they had been named Heirs of the Heir after all, he had spoken to Jace about something Alaenys could give him. A marriage pact for his sister, Sara Snow.

Jace said they had only the young children of Alaenys to offer and he could make no promises about them without the Queen or King present.

"Cregan asked for a marriage pact for his sister" Jace started, looking at his sister. "His sister?" Alaenys said confused, she was never made aware of another Stark born from Rickon. "His sister, Sara Snow" Jace said. "Who did you offer?" Alaenys asked taking a step back. "I offered myself" Jace said, standing straight. Alaenys cursed softly, not wanting her children to hear.

"Lena, could you look after the children?" Alaenys said and the nanny nodded, smiling at Viserra, Aenar and Jaehaera who were playing with wooden toys. She took Jacaerys back to another room, Aemond had noticed them and followed behind.

"You broke your vow?" Alaenys asked. "When did you promise it would happen? After?" Alaenys asked, as Aemond stood next to her, ready to defend her or protect her in case Jace tried something which he doubted. "We already did" Jace said, closing his eyes, waiting for Alaenys to explode. "You...wed... Sara Snow?" Alaenys said softly and Aemond was surprised with her brother's. "Yes, under the eye of the Old Gods" Jace said. "Is it consummated?" Alaenys asked but Jace spoke no words.