CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

⎯THE FIRE BETRAYAL

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

♤♢♧

Alaenys looked at the painted table, lit up by the Maester of Dragonstone. She looked as they placed sigils of House Targaryen on the places where they were sure they would get support. The Westerlands, and Kingsland had been lost to Aegon, they were unsure of the North, but they knew Lord Rickon Stark had pledged his oath to Rhaenyra, and Alaenys was Rhaenyra's heir. "I need ravens to Winterfell, Eyrie and Riverlands" Alaenys said looking at the map. "As well as Storm's End, Lord Baratheon is a proud man with quite the temper" she said as she looked at everyone.

Her brothers, Jacaerys and Lucerys stood next to Daemon, who seemed ready for war. "We have Dragons, why not storm King's Landing now" Daemon said, but Alaenys looked up at her father. "We shall have our revenge. For Princess Rhaenyra, we will, but we are better than Aegon. We will not force anyone to support us because we are the obvious choice" Alaenys said, placing her hands on the painted table, as she looked at Daemon. "They will pledge to us because we are the better choice" Alaenys said.

"We will give any Lord or Lady the opportunity to pledge to us. If they refuse us, they shall be met with Fire and Blood" Alaenys said. "I won't pretend to be anything else than a Dragon. If Otto Hightower wants to flair the tower Green for war, and to put Aegon on the throne, then he shall be met with Fire, and anyone who follows him, and his choices shall be met with the same fate" Alaenys said.

"Your Grace, if I may, but burning people because they will not pledge to you sounds like something Maegor the Cruel did" one Lord said looking at Alaenys. Aemond took a step closer and looked at the Lord as well. "How do you think my brother, in his drunken madness, will ask people to join? How do you think they managed to have everyone yield their oath to Princess Rhaenyra?" Aemond asked, looking intensely at the Lord. "They killed all those opposing the thought. Lord Caswell hung from the Keep, Princess Rhaenyra—"Aemond said and stopped in his words.

"The Greens played with Fire and didn't expect to get burned. They shall see that we do not scare easily by Fire" Aemond said, and they nodded. "Send a raven to King's Landing. Offering Princess Helaena, Prince Daeron, and their children, save passage to Dragonstone, if they swear to pledge to us" Alaenys said and the Maester, Gerardys, nodded. "You'd trust them?" Daemon asked. "Helaena has always been my friend, and we will give her a fair opportunity to pledge to us, if she does not, then we shall treat her like a Green just like anyone else" Alaenys said.

"Riverlands is the most important ally now" Daemon said. "Let me" he said looking at Alaenys. "No burning down anything or killing people until after they declared for the Greens." Alaenys told him and he nodded. "I promise" Daemon said. In that moment, Lord Corlys and his wife Princess Rhaenys walked down with their grandchildren, Baela and Rhaena, who were Alaenys half-sisters. The two girls stood with Jacaerys, and Lucerys as Lord Corlys walked over to Alaenys with his cane.