CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

⎯THE FIRE BETRAYAL

⎯THE FIRE BETRAYAL

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

☀︎☀︎☀︎

For an unknown reason to Alaenys, every single one of the Gods seemed to be on her side, because before Aegon could try anything more than a big speech of having a fourth child, the wine had made him fall asleep, and she had asked ser Erryk to help her return him to his room.

"Prince Aegon prefers to be in his own bed, it's a better mattress" she had lied to the knight, even though he seemed to know exactly what was happening, and ser Erryk couldn't blame the Princess, he knew what type of man Aegon was, and he wouldn't want any woman to be with a man like that.

Alaenys returned to her room, but before she closed the door, she turned to ser Erryk. "Could you see if Prince Aemond is still awake?" she asked, softly, as if she was scared of Erryk's reaction. Erryk smiled. "Of course" he said and walked towards the younger Prince's room. He knocked on the door and Aemond answered and then looked annoyed as he saw Erryk. "What?" Aemond snapped. "Princess Alaenys asked for you, Your Grace" Erryk said and Aemond didn't need to be told twice as he rushed to her room, not bothering knocking as he opened the door to reveal her standing by the fireplace of her room, in her nightgown and a purple robe.

"You came" Alaenys said as she saw Aemond, his eyepatch was off, given it was the hour of the bat, and none had been awake anymore. "You called" he said, looking at her wondering what her words would be.

"Tell me" she said, looking at Aemond. "Tell me everything" she said as she walked closer. "Did you fuck Alys Rivers?" she asked, and Aemond closed the space between the two of them. Cupping her cheek in his hand. "I do not believe you'd ever ask that of me" Aemond said. "The only woman I've, in your words, fucked, is you" Aemond said and Alaenys closed her eyes, placing her hands over his. "The only woman I have made love to, is you" Aemond said, as his forehead rested against hers.

"Why didn't you defend yourself, when I wrongly accused you?" Alaenys finally asked, not daring looking at Aemond yet. "I have abandoned you, I let you believe I would or could do such a thing" Aemond said. "And that is on my conscious." Aemond said. "Why did you? Why did you suddenly draw back from me?" Alaenys asked as she finally decided to look at him. "I—" Aemond started and looked at her. "I was afraid, something I hate to admit even to myself. But seeing you in such pain, and then the fever" Aemond said and closed his eyes, not even wanting to think about it anymore. "I caused that" Aemond said. "You didn't" Alaenys said, defending Aemond from his own thoughts.

"Without me, you wouldn't have a babe in your belly" Aemond said. "I do not regret it. Look at what it has given us. Aenar, Jaehaera and little Viserra" Alaenys said. "I would never wish for anything else" Alaenys said. "What if were to lay together again, but the next child you might conceive takes you from this world, from me?" Aemond said. "You'd have our children" Alaenys said. "I wouldn't. They would be seen as Aegon's, my mother would have me wed some Lord's daughter and I would maybe never see them again" Aemond said and Alaenys looked at him.