chapter 17: third wheel

CHAPTER 17
"third wheel"

You're not sure if Monday's are the worst or if Sunday's are. Either way you're just grateful that the day is over on this Monday afternoon. You slouch down from the weight of your bag and groan.

Breaking from your exhausted mood, you hear giggles not so far to see Sujin and Jimin walking out of the dance studio. Not gonna lie you felt a little hurt seeing them together. But it doesn't matter what he does anyway, you're not even together. You roll your eyes and slap your chest, supposedly where the heart sits to forget whatever it is the fuck you're feeling.

Trying to not catch their attention, you quickly walk away hiding your face. But you're too slow because this damn bag is weighing you down. What the fuck did you even bring Jia? You finally smile in peace knowing that you managed to get away from them.

"Uh huh, where do you think you're going?" Jimin comes out of nowhere and pulls your bag, pulling your small figure back. You're met with a sweet Sujin smiling at you. How sweet can this get?

"Oh hey guys," you scratch your head trying to compose yourself. Jimin eyes you from head to toe and it makes you wanna slap his face. Jimin licks his lips and smiles down at you. What's he thinking about now?

"Hey babe, wanna come with us to the mall? Gonna look for outfits for the dance show night," Jimin says and you look at both of them. They actually look good together. Just thinking about that makes you sigh, maybe you should spare yourself from this unnecessary third wheeling and go home.

"Actually, I think I'll head ho-"

"You should come, I don't mind at all," Sujin says before you could even finish speaking.

"Then it's all set then. Let's go," Jimin smiles and grabs your hand before you could run off. Just great.

.

You follow Sujin and Jimin from behind like a fucking lost puppy. They talk as usual about dance shit and you hug yourself as you look around the mall. Yep third wheeling alright.

"Let's go here, seems like a good start," Sujin beams and they both look at back at you. You smile back agreeing with them. The smile could barely be held up. The moment they turned back, a frown could be seen on your face.

You wander around grazing your hand along the lining of expensive clothing. Jimin is nowhere to be found and you happened to stumble upon Sujin eyeing a dress in her hand.

You lean against the pole crossing your arms watching her admire the dress.

"Oh Jia, I didn't know you were there," Sujin was surprised seeing you stand there looking at her.

"It's pretty. You should get it," you thought you sounded friendly but it came out more bluntly. You don't hate the girl at all, you're just not sure where the fuck this mushy feeling is coming from that turns in the form of coldness. You're definitely not jealous that's for sure.

"Really?.. Um I'll look around more just in case I see another one," Sujin smiles shyly and you nod walking away leaving her to it.

Where the fuck is Jimin? He brings us all the way her to just disappear out of nowhere. He better buy me some damn food because I'm starving as fuck.

"Jimin, where are yo-" before you could finish a hand covers your mouth pulling you back into a change room.

Next minute your pushed against the change room wall as Jimin leans his body against you. You could feel the rapid pace of your heartbeat.

His face leans closer to yours and you don't have anymore space to leave as his bigger figure engulfs you. Wow his eyes are actually really pretty and his lips are so plump damn-

"Who said you could wear an oversized t-shirt outside like this?" Jimin eyes you down. So that's why he was staring earlier.

"I did duh," you roll your eyes and his grip around your waist tightens.

"Well I suggest you shouldn't because there was plenty of men eyeing you down as we came to this store," Jimin says in his sudden deep husky voice. That's quite sexy of him.

You didn't think he was paying attention earlier as you were walking alone hugging yourself. "Well I suggest yo-"

Jimin urgently slams his lips on yours unable to finish your sentence. Somehow you automatically you respond by kissing him back. You were under his spell and couldn't break out to stop the kiss. You wrap your hands around neck as he tilts his head to deepen the kiss. Shit this feels too good and you hate it. You melt under his arms further as he caresses the sides of your lower waist. And before you know it, a simple kiss turned into making out in the change room.

Realising how far you've past the limit with him, you try to break the kiss. It's too much for your precious heart to handle. You try to push his chest but you both stumble back past the curtain of the change room. And before you could fall Jimin catches you by the waist and you wrap your arms again around his neck quickly.

"Uhh-" Sujin looks at you both speechless.

"Um hey Sujin," you push Jimin off you to stand up straight.

"So did what dress did you end up picking?" you pat yourself down chuckling with an embarrassed smile. As Jimin stands their carelessly and shrugs his shoulder not caring about what just happened.

.

After eating some Korean fried chicken with Sujin and Jimin, you all head back to Jimin's car. As Sujin walks ahead, Jimin pulls you back by your oversized shirt.

"What do you want, Park?"

"So about earlier in the change roo-"

"What about it? Nothing happened, I don't know what you're talking about," you didn't let him finish knowing what he's referring to. You see him cheekily smiling down at you.

"When we kis-"

"Shut it Jimin," you snap back and he chuckles at you. Walking away you touch your lips being reminded about what happened. He even tasted like strawberries. You physically slap your head at your careless actions. Why the fuck did you kiss him back? You shake your head and stomp off. Jimin again chuckles at your actions and continues to walk back happily. You cross your arms at the front seat and stare out the window far away from Jimin. Maybe you weren't third wheeling after all.

please vote!
word count: 1103