chapter 15: more of you

CHAPTER 15
"more of you"

Despite all the chaos yesterday, Jimin should be arriving anytime soon. You look at your phone it's Friday 6pm. You adjust your casual cream dress with your hair tied half up half down. Turning your gaze, you see your father also making himself presentable. "Dad, calm down. It's just Jimin," you laugh at him.

"I know. It reminds me when I was getting ready to meet your mother's parents. Plus he's a quite good looking young man too like me," he slicks back his hair and you chuckle at his actions.

Hearing the door bell jingle, you were greeted with the smell of strawberry scented perfume. Goddamn he smells so good, I mean the perfume smells so damn good.

"Hey Jimin, this is my father as you met before," you re-introduce the two men again.

"Thank you for having me here tonight," Jimin bows at a ninety degree angle. Even you struggle to bow easily and he just does it with ease. I mean he is a dancer.

"Of course anytime. Come please sit," your dad guides him to the table at your family restaurant. You sit next to Jimin, as your father sits across happily getting the barbecue up and running.

.

For the first time in a while, you see a different spark in your father's eyes. It's like he's happy that you have someone by your side. But little did he know that's far from the truth. "Thank you for looking after my little Jia," Mr. Bae smiles endearingly at Jimin and Jia.

"It's my pleasure," Jimin turns smiling down at you. You smile back and it makes your stomach filled with butterflies.

"As you probably already know, her mother passed away just last year. And it wasn't easy on either of us, so I'm just glad Jia has someone to lean on. As much as she wants to act tough, deep down I know she struggles. I'm just so proud of her you know?" Mr. Bae continues and you know about an hour into the dinner, he always gets emotional.

Shit.

You had never told Jimin what happened. You never felt the need to anyway but I guess it's about time you did. You turn to see Jimin's expression and it was not the one you expected. Somehow he managed to act cool and take on the information very well. You're not gonna lie that it's a new scene for you, especially talking about this with people who aren't necessarily been close in your life. And yes, you've known Jimin for a long time but never this close.

"Of course you should be proud of Jia. In fact she's probably the most strongest and persevering person I know. Her mother will always be proud, any mother would of their child," Jimin gently intertwines your hands and it melts your heart.

You wanted to cry here and there. It's not the fact that you're talking about your mother. But the fact that Jimin said all that means a lot. Whether he meant it or not, the fact that it came out of his mouth gave you another reason to hate him less. And you hated it. Why is he saying all that when he probably doesn't even mean it? You take a big gulp of water to calm your mind and nerves. You didn't expect for it to become this emotional.

"Um dad, me and Jimin will go out to have some ice-cream, if that's okay with you?" you ask your dad as you both help him clean up the table.