First Fight... and Punishment?

All Characters belong to RR & VR

Tris POV

That night I wake up from a dream of almost being killed because of being a Divergent. Sweat-soaked and shaky from the dream, I walk to the girls bathroom to shower and change. I notice Percy isn't on the floor next to my bed as he usually is when I go to bed. That makes me think, does he ever sleep?

I remember the first night waking up to hear him scream a horrible scream. Luckily no one else woke up because it was only an hour after we went to bed, he didn't notice me up, so he just got up and walked out the door. He was never there in the morning when everyone else was waking up.

Will and Al told me he never changed out in the open, only in the stall, and they never saw him shower, but his hair was always looking wet. What was with that? What did he have to hide?

When I came back I was met with an odd sight, a very odd sight, Peter and Percy were up holding each other back. Peter and Percy were struggling to not make a sound and take hold of a red paint can. That's when I noticed the word "Stiff" spray painted across my bed frame an maybe would've been other places without Percy. My heart was pounding in anger.

That's when I heard squeaking out in the hallway, the boys managed to bring it in the hallway without me noticing so I followed them and shut the door quietly before turning to them.

"Did I do something to you that I'm unaware of?" I demand to Peter as Percy got the upper hand quickly with more space and no sleeping figures. He force Peter to his knees and had ahold of the paint can, he grabbed Peter's hair and forced his head up to look at me.

"I don't know if you've noticed, but we are in the same faction now."

"I don't know what your referring to." He growls out. "And you and I will never be in the same faction."

Percy's eyes narrow, but before I can do anything he took the paint can spray let go of Peter's hair. Before Peter can react he sprayed his hair with it making it blood red.

"There," Percy hisses venomously to Peter. "Now your hair looks the color of your soul."

After that Percy just released Percy and walked down the hall out of sight without a word. Why isn't he going to sleep? It's like 3 in the morning. I go back into the room leaving Peter to try and wash out the blood red paint in his hair, I meet up with Al who is also awake and we talk. After we go back to the training room with Christina. Percy is already there talking with Four, he whispered something to Four and Four laughs heartily. Percy just smiled pleased.

I look at the chalkboard when I walk in. I didn't have to fight yesterday, but today I definitely will. When I see my name I stop in the middle of the step. My opponent is Peter.

"Oh no," says Christina, who shuffles in behind us.

Her face is bruised, and she looks like she is trying not to limp. When she see's the board, she crumples the muffin wrapper she is holding into her fist.

"Are they seriously? They're really going to make you fight him?"

Peter is almost a foot taller than I am, and yesterday we didn't get to see him fight so I don't know what to expect.

"Maybe you can just take a few hits and pretend to go unconscious," suggest Al. "No one would blame you."

"Yeah," I say. Maybe."

I stare at my name on the board. My cheeks feel hot. Al and Christina are just trying to help, but the fact that they don't believe, not even in a tiny corner of their minds, that I have a chance against Peter bothers me. Percy comes over once it starts. He looks angered at something. I hope it isn't at me.