The Last Battle & A New Quest

All Characters belong to RR & VR

Percy's POV

I sat emotionless in the middle of the throne room thinking back to the events of the last battle... to the point of the battle where everything went wrong.

FLASH BACK
The battle was going good. Annabeth and I were fighting back to back covering each other's weak spots like a normal everyday battle... except for the fact that this was war.

"Duck!" Annabeth yelled jolting me back to reality.

Without hesitation I hit the floor and a hellhound flew over tackling a dracaenae to the ground.

"Thanks"

"No problem Seaweed Brain" she said breathlessly as she spun to the side narrowly avoiding a telkhines sword.

As she spun around she sliced the monster in half with her new drakon sword. I sidestepped an empousa's claws an stabbed her in the side with Riptide.

Jason, Piper, and Leo were fighting as a team in a triangle working their way to the back of the army where the last two giants stood. We defeated all the giants in the beginning of the battle when we were strongest as a strategy from Annabeth, because she is the smartest and wisest of the 7 being a daughter of Athena. A lighting bolt came down from the sky forming the giants bane to deliver the fatal strike before leaving.

Hazel and Frank were fighting side by side. Hazel on Arion swiping at anything in her way with her calvary sword and Frank at her side shifting so fast and never staying in one form long enough to get hit.

Part of Annabeth's strategy was to attack the army as a triangle, me and her front and center while Jason, Piper and Leo came from the left with Hazel and Frank attacking on the right.

The Seven plowed though the monsters foolish enough to get on our way. Just as we reached the giants everything went wrong. We split up to fight the remaining giants Porphyrion and Polybotes. Jason, Piper, and Leo took the Lighting giant while Me, Annabeth, Hazel, and Frank went to confront Polybotes.

Earlier Annabeth concluded that Jason would be better to fight the lighting giant with his superman powers and me to fight my dads bane because of my "aqua man powers" as Leo put it. Jason, Piper, and Leo went on a quest together before the war so Annabeth said they would do best together because they know each other's weak points. Same goes for Hazel, Frank, Annabeth, and I, because of the quest to Alaska. Polybotes stared down at us as we approached him.

"Guys" Annabeth said drawing our attention away from the giant for a moment.

"I have a plan, Frank" she ordered "shift into a giant eagle and attack from above, don't forget to take as many basilisk out as possible. Hazel, come from as many directions as you can on Arion. Percy, front and center, keep him distracted from the others. I'll put on my invisibility cap and strike from behind."

We all nodded in acceptance for the plan. We raised our weapons to the Heavens and shouted as one...

"For Olympus!"

We charged, immediately Frank shifted and soared sky high, Annabeth disappeared under her Yankees baseball cap leaving me and Hazel alone to charge the bane of Poseidon. Polybotes laughed an ugly laugh as we approached him.

"Pathetic" he taunted. "Luck is what you had in New Rome, but this time I am at full strength whereas you and your petty little friends are battle worn. Come son of Poseidon... if you dare."

As soon as he finished his little speech Frank dive bombed, or eagle bombed, what ever you prefer, the giant effectively knocking him to the ground. That's when things went wrong, just as Frank was taking off, back into the sky, Polybotes hand shot out crushing Frank with his fist. Blood poored onto the ground giving Mother Earth the blood of the boy demigod. The last sound we ever heard of Frank was a birds screech of pain... then nothing. All you could hear on the battle field was the rest of the sevens scream of pain for the loss of a great friend and warrior.