Chapter 16: Nuclear Showdown

Walker POV:

Salem: "You're MINE!!!"

I quickly aim my hand out to fire a beam at her but even before I can do that, a glyph appears above Rubys head.

Wait. Whose glyph is that?

Weiss: "RUN RUBY!"

The glyph is quickly shattered but it stopped Salems movements just enough to allow Ruby to dodge out of the way. Salems foot breaks through the glyph and smashes the ground, a crater forming and breaking through the ground.

Salem: "..."

The Prime clenches her fists as a mighty aura swirls around her body. She grunts and then yells, shooting out a powerful burst of wind. Everyone gets pushed back onto the ground, groaning in pain.

I quickly get myself back up and notice Salems gaze on one specific person.

My sister.

Salem: "Magic from this era is weak already, but you are just laughable."

She dashes at my sister and slams her fist into her gut. Weiss screams in absolute pain as Salem lifts her off the ground with her fist still against her stomach, turning and slamming her into the ground.

Salem: "All you are doing is getting in the way of your teammates."

Salem slightly lifts her fist off of Weiss before slamming it back into her, pushing Weiss further into the ground with more blood curdling screams being heard.

Ruby: "WEISS!!!"

Ruby flies at Salem, her silver eyes glowing brightly. She swings her scythe incredibly quickly at the Prime but is easily evaded. Salem swings her arm at Ruby and smashes her face in, nearly destroying Rubys aura in one hit.

...
.
.
.
3rd person POV:

As everyone charges at Salem with no real plan going, Walker barely budges. His eyes never leave Weiss who is left in the crater, so badly beaten that she is crying from the pain.

Walker: "..."

An odd heat begins to resonate within Walkers body, his body glowing a weird yellowish orange. His eyes both turn orange as well, his eyes narrowing at Salem.

Inside of Walkers head...

"NUCLEAR OVERDRIVE ACTIVATED..."

"TIMER SET FOR 5 MINUTES. IF TIMER IS EXCEEDED, FATAL DAMAGE TO BODY WILL OCCUR."

Winter: "Wait! We need a plan! You can't just rush in like that!"

As Salem directs her attention to the two closest fighters, Yang and Ren, a massive wave of heat washes the area.

Yang: "Woah...the hell is-"

Winter: "BROTHER!"

Walker is completely steaming and he almost looking completely engulfed in flames. He's panting and grunting, completely enraged from his sisters cries.

Walker: "HAAAAA!!!"

He flies towards the Prime at inhumane speeds, crashing into Salem and pummeling her with blind rage as his fuel source.

Walker: "DON'T YOU FUCKING HURT HER!!!"

His fists are like a blur as he releases a barrage of punches at Salem, pushing her into the ground more and more. With Salem distracted, Winter lands back on the ground and runs over to Weiss.

While she is in immense pain it's nothing fatal. She will survive but it'll be a painful process. Salems words also struck Weiss pretty hard.

Winter: "Sister...I'm here now...you'll make it..."