Chapter 14: Devestating Flesh Prison

Walker POV:

Walker: "And what the hell are you talking about Sai?"

After my little reunion with Weiss I sent her back with her team while I went back to my office.

Yeah. Office. Most high ranking specialists like me have one. Winter does too but she mostly uses it to go on very violent rants by herself so she can get EVERYTHING off her chest. The things I've heard her say in those rants are...colorful.

But Sai has just brought up something very alarming.

"An unnaturally high level of Grimm energy was detected near the Land of Darkness where Salem resides."

Walker: "Explain. Now."

The left side of my neck opens up and a little chip pops out from it. I grab it and stick it into a little terminal on my desk. Suddenly it glows green and a hologram of Sai appears on it.

Sai: "Atlas scientists and the militaries far out from our current location have detected unnatural powers coming from the Land of Darkness. While they believe it to be Grimm, no one has ever witnessed or felt something like this. Perhaps an invasion is coming."

Walker: "How did this happen?! Are we informing Ironwood?! The other headmasters?!"

As soon as I said that, red lights flare and sirens begin to sound off inside the academy and across the city.

Sai: "Just on time. Besides some very small groups who are trying to rebuild the White Fang after its destruction, Salem would be the only real threat left."

Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck!

Walker: "Alright. What's going on out there right now?"

A bunch of mini screens appear around Sai's head. She glances at all of them for a couple seconds before they go away.

Sai: "After Ironwood received the information from the scientists, he has initiated a final assault against Salem and whatever this other force is. It's a final attack. Every kingdoms headmaster is being sent back to gather their own forces for this."

"Walker, this is General Ironwood. Do you hear me?"

Oh shit. I grab Sai's chip and pull it from the terminal and put it back into the slot in my neck.

Walker: "Yes sir. Where do you need me?"

"I am stationing you with Ozpin and Beacon. You will follow his orders, not mine."

...

Walker: "With all due respect sir, you know how powerful I am and how strong of an asset I am. Why not send me alongside Atlas's military?"

"While that is an option, Ozpin seems to have a history with Salem. Sending you over with him to both gather information and find a potential weakness in her will be more effective. You being our strongest unit with Ozpin being knowledgeable about Salem will lead us to victory."

I...can't argue with that.

Walker: "Alright sir. I'll meet up with Ozpin the second I can."

I look around and grab my holster and Piercer and put it around my waist. I grab a hold of my keycard and go towards the door, leaving my office and locking it down so no one can enter.

"Your anxiety levels are rising Walker."

Of course they are Sai. I'm participating in the final battle of a war. People are going to die. I could be one of them. Either of my sisters or friends could be...