Chapter 9: Vytal Tournament Begins

Timeskip, Walker POV:

Winter: "Are you ready Walker?"

Well, she's back to her usual cold self now that she's with Ironwood again and this is the last couple days before we leave to Atlas again. Gotta say...I'm gonna miss having her be so nice and actually there...

Walker: "Yeah. I don't expect much difficulty though won't it be weird if I win? I'm an Atlas machine but I'm representing Vale and Beacon?"

Ironwood: "I wouldn't say so. It's a victory for Atlas due to it showcasing what we are capable of but it's also a Beacon victory due to you having been a student here and for Vale being your own home. We both win technically."

Is that how that works? Whatever you say Ironwood.

Walker: "Where will Mercury be?"

Winter: "Alongside RWBY in the stands. The ones with the fighters in them."

Walker: "He's fighting?"

Ironwood: "No. He will be more of a bodyguard then anything. We increased security for this festival and I won't have it wasted."

Fair enough on that.

Winter: "We will return later. We had to drop you off then we will come back after the first couple of rounds.

Walker: "Alright. Have fun with that sis."

She gives me one final smile and nod before turning back into the ship with Ironwood.
.
.
.
Me, Ironwood and Winter part ways as I meet up with TEAM...what do I call them? R W B P? Um...I'll just keep it RWBY for now.

Ruby: "Hey Walker!"

All four of these girls look as ready as they'll ever be. Even Pyrrha has her signature smile back, the bags under her eyes mostly gone.

Walker: "Heya. We're gonna crush this, right Ruby?"

Ruby: "Right!"

She gives me a high five as I go over to Weiss.

Walker: "Nervous?"

Weiss scoffs and crosses her arms at me.

Weiss: "Nervous? Who do you take me for? I'm a Schnee for Brothers sake!"

Heh. Typical Weiss. She'll do fine. Now Blake and Pyrrha.

Walker: "You two good to go?"

Blake: "Mhm. Since she's replacing Yang for this and will be my partner, we spent alot of the training together figuring out ways to cover each other's weaknesses and even make combo moves. You know...at the request of our team leader."

Pyrrha: "Awww c'mon it's all in good fun Blake!"

Walker: "Yep. Besides, be lucky you actually have a team Blake."

Blake: "Yeah...and todays the day you show us why you're able to participate in this thing as a one man team. I don't see this as a good idea still."

Pyrrha nudges Blake with her elbow and laughs.

Pyrrha: "Ozpin, Ms. Goodwitch and Ironwood wouldn't have allowed it if they didn't know something. We just need to wait and see is all."

Blake: "Hm. If you say so."
.
.
.
.
.
I would say spectating Team RWBY's fight would be helpful but to me and Mercury, it's slow paced. It's not an insult to them though.

Walker: "Who are they against again?"

Mercury: "Board says ABRN, Auburn, from Mistral."

Coco: "I don't like their team. More that Reese girl then anything. She may be on this team but something tells me she's mentally out of her depth."