55 | 7 Looks

HAYLEY
I watch Jasper taking his bag from the car and thank us for the weekend.

-Can you, bring me my phone?
Jasper asks me while he was standing out of the car, to the opposite seat of mine. Am confused and I start searching for his phone in the car. When I look down, it was close my legs. He lays his head back in the car to reach my hand with his phone.
Am pretty sure he was holding his phone the whole time. When did it fell??
He reaches me to give him his phone.

-Text me later.
He whispers to me and now everything made sense. He dropped his phone for purpose. I nod at him scared.
We said goodbye and my dad continued driving until home. He didn't say a word till there.

We get in the house and when I find the stairs, he stops me.

-When were you planning to tell me about it??
I turn to look at him; scared.

-About this?!
He points my belly.

-Dad.. Let me explain you.

-Explain me what Hayley??? Finding out about my daughter's pregnancy from a co worker??? And how many more lies??? You weren't feeling "well"?? So you told me to stay home. I really believed you, Hayley. Cause I really thought we got over the last ones! That we really made a new begging here! I did everything for you Hayley. And you are doing what?? Keep telling me lies?? Do I still need to feel like I don't know you?? Like I don't know anything about your life??

-Cause honestly, Hayley, right now I feel like I don't know you. I don't know anymore what to do to win your trust. I don't know if I even worth to win your trust. What did I do so wrong, Hayley??

It's the first time I see my dad crying. Even though I could think hundred things he did wrong, right now I feel bad about him. Right now I feel that he didn't do anything wrong and that am the only one here messing up.

-You didn't do anything wrong dad.
Am crying too. I can't control my tears.

-I surely did. When a daughter doesn't talk to her Dad about her pregnancy.. this is where I failed as a father..
He tries to find a chair and he sits putting his hand on his face. He is crying?!
He is feeling bad with him??? Not angry with me???
I can't understand.
I can't follow him.
Am very confused.
I get closer to him.

-Dad..
His hands are shaking so I get closer to him.

-I was scared.. I didn't know what to do.. I was scared that you..
He turned to look at me.

-What?
He asks me scared oh my response.

-I don't know Dad.. I didn't want to add you another issue of mine.. on you.. I don't know.
I wipe my eyes and his tears are falling off again.

-You are my daughter Hayley. Your problem is my problem too. I know that am not the father of the year..but I promise you I will try to be the best grandpa..

Am crying. Am crying more.

-Dad..
I hug him and cry in his arms.