48 | Promises

"I did not even hear what I was screaming, I just wanted to write a damn love letter"
-Tokyo, La Casa de Papel.

                             +++
                             HAYLEY
I take the bus and I arrive to the cemetery. I find Lucas grave and sit to the grass. It's been a long time since I came here to see him.

I look at his name and tears started falling off my face. I take my phone and dial Lucas number.

-Hey, ehm, its Lucas, I guess you can leave a message or.. or I don't know. Just wait to calll you back.

I miss his voice so much.

-Hey.. I miss you. I told you everything that is going on in my life.. So I guessed, here I am again.

-I'm.....I'm pregnant.
I started crying out loud. I put my hands on my mouth to not be heard..

-And I don't know what to do about it...
My hands started shaking.

-I love Steve.. but I can't do that.. I.. I can't do that alone. I just can't..

I told him whatever is happening in my life. While I was walking to the bus stop, I see Jasper's car but Emily was driving it.

-I knew you would be here.

-You are driving now??
I change the subject.

-Shh. Jasper doesn't know that yet. Get in.
I sit at the passenger seat and she is giving me a really weird look.

-What??
I said confused. It's like she wants something but doesn't say it.

-Why didn't you tell me you are pregnant?

-WHAT?

He told her??? Jasper told her?? Why would he do that????
Am not even learning from my mistakes. Every time my life tries to teach me not to trust anyone, I do exactly the opposite. I don't know if I feel disappointed right now of angry.
My feelings for Jasper are a mess.
Now Emily will probably talk to her dad if I won't let my dad know about this soon or later. And her dad, will tell mine.

I made it clear that he couldn't tell anyone about this.. and he betrayed me. Just like that. Why people can't keep secrets anymore?  Why do we still trust them anyways??
I can't even look at her.

-Jasper told you huh?

-I made him. It's not his fault.

Of course it is his fault. I don't understand why people keep saying that to stand for each other.
He is not a child. He can keep a secret.
He could keep, my only secret.

-I don't wanna talk about it

-You know that I love you, right?? And you could talk to me.. I know we chose to continue our lives, but that doesn't mean that you can't talk to me or call me at nights or you know, at any time..