Chapter 93 - Your Pengornis Isn't The Only Thing I Like

Although the voices of the two people were not loud, Guan Shanjin’s inner force was very strong. He was worried that his mother would say something inappropriate to Wu Xingzi, and so, despite remaining inside the room, he could still hear about 70 to 80 percent of their conversation. At that moment, he did not know if he should step outside or not.

Putting aside the issue of his mother’s solemn tone, the issue of Wu Xingzi, this old fellow, liking his pengornis much more than Guan Shanjin himself, caused a feeling of unpleasantness to rise within the younger man.

He took out the tea leaves, then instructed the servant to prepare a heating stove and hot water before slowly returning to the yard, sitting down between his mother and Wu Xingzi.

“It’s mainly my pengornis that you like, hmm?” Since a couple should not hold on to grudges until the next day, Guan Shanjin had to clarify things then and there.

Hearing Guan Shanjin’s question, Wu Xingzi’s eyes widened in startlement. “Y-you heard it?”

For some reason, he felt a chill run down his back, and all his hair stood up. A wave of guilty panic emerged from his heart.

“Mn.” Guan Shanjin tossed the tea leaves to his mother, giving a smile as he studied Wu Xingzi’s expression of impending doom. “Why? Did you forget what you just said? Saying that right in front of my mother, you’re quite daring.” He pinched the old quail’s cheek, leaving three red marks that took some time to subside.

“I-I didn’t mean that…” Wu Xingzi hurriedly pressed a hand to his cheek. Although Guan Shanjin did not use much strength, the pinch still caused him to feel some slight, tingling pain, and Wu Xingzi knew that the man in front of him was once again jealous.

Ai, why was his jealousy so easily ignited?

“Then what did you mean? Other than my pengornis, there’s nothing else good about me that you like?” Guan Shanjin’s tone was very aggressive. He did not feel that there was anything wrong about always being jealous of himself.

Sitting by the side, completely ignored, the Lord Protector’s wife secretly rolled her eyes upon hearing her son’s hopelessly foolish question. This son of hers was born innately wise, and immensely gifted. Ever since young, he had been a somewhat overly intelligent child, and no one would ever think that he would be such an idiot with regards to the matters of love.

“No, other than your pengornis, you have many, many areas that I like.” Wu Xingzi tried to explain, a bright blush on his face. Guan Shanjin did not mind that his mother was listening to them, but that was not the case for him! Such intimate sweet talk between couples, how could Wu Xingzi say it aloud in front of his future mother-in-law?

“What areas?” However, Guan Shanjin was relentless, insisting on further clarification.

“Uh… Uhh…” Wu Xingzi sneaked a glance at the Lord Protector’s wife. The lady had her head bowed as she ate the snacks, pretending to see nothing.