Chapter 17 - A Beauty's Favour is the Hardest to Enjoy

Edited by DancingdolphinsYo

Under the situation where Wu Xingzi did not have time to reject, nor was he able to reject, General Guan officially moved in, suffocating Adviser Wu.

The books said: A beauty’s favour was the hardest to enjoy.

Wu Xingzi had many feelings about this, and his feelings felt as though they were pervading into his bones! There was no way he would be able to go to the Peng Society. Guan Shanjin was following him daily, they ate together, slept together, and even when he went to the magistrate’s office, he was right there behind him. At first, the county magistrate had planned on chasing that extraneous person away, but who would have guessed that they would freeze upon seeing each other! Delighted, the magistrate quickly made his way towards them, bowing deeply at Guan Shanjin.

“Haiwang-xiong1!”

“Li Jian?”

Guan Shanjin was first surprised, then he smiled. As an eyewitness, Wu Xingzi’s stomach was aching with curiosity. He had never asked the magistrate about his past with General Guan and only knew that even this safe space of the magistrate’s office had fallen. This young and promising general was really making one unable to enjoy himself.

Adviser Wu wearily made his way into his office. With a sigh, he fell into introspection. What did he do wrong?

Those books had clearly always said that those people in high positions would only have casual affairs with the common folk. They might take pity on them, or even like them, but they would never be reluctant to part from them.

He even finished reading the book that Manager Rancui had given to him, and thought that he really met a general who only wanted a casual affair. Who would have thought that once the affair was over, Guan Shanjin would still refuse to leave and insist on staying next to him? He would squeeze with him on that narrow bed, cook every day for him, and even accompany him everywhere he went… Thinking of Manager Rancui, he would think about The Pengornisseur, and Adviser Wu’s heart ached!

What exactly was Guan Shanjin thinking? Wu Xingzi sank into contemplation. He definitely did not believe that Guan Shanjin liked him, he still had this little bit of self-awareness. He was old and not good looking, old-fashioned and timid. His lifestyle was boring, and he also ate a lot. If he was Guan Shanjin, he also would not like a person like Wu Xingzi.

“What are you thinking about?” After reminiscing with the magistrate, Guan Shanjin entered the room to see Wu Xingzi in a daze, his eyes staring blankly at the files spread open upon his table.

This foolish look naturally did not resemble Mr Lu at all. Guan Shanjin detested it, and so, he reached out to pinch Wu Xingzi’s cheeks.

“Ow!” In pain, Wu Xingzi jerked up. He rubbed his cheeks, looking at the man, who was smirking at him, pitifully.

Even though the smile was very wicked, it was still as beautiful as a painting, and Wu Xingzi was entranced by it.

He had wanted to order this old fellow to never display an expression like that, as the reason Guan Shanjin stayed here was for that little trace of Mr Lu in Wu Xingzi. Treating Wu Xingzi very well over the past few days was because when he smiled, his shyness was the most similar to Mr Lu, but this old fellow more often than not had that silly and foolish look on his face instead.