Chapter 67 - You Can't Stop Taking This Medicine

Man Yue rubbed his aching eyes, carefully reading the information he had received from the capital in the dim light.

It had been over ten days since he had a good night’s rest. He had always put on weight like a balloon whenever he was busy. This time round, he first gained over five kilograms of weight, and then he started losing weight. Now, even after inserting a fist into the waistband of his trousers, it was still very loose.

If he thought about this positively, it would not be a bad thing if he could lose weight until he turned into a crescent moon. If he thought about this negatively, the baseline of his health had been affected, and he was afraid that he would need to spend some time to recover.

Thinking about it, this was all Guan Shanjin’s fault.

That fellow could not lose his sanity earlier, or just lose it later, yet he had to collapse at this very critical moment. He was injured more extensively than what had been expected. After recuperating for the past many days, he finally managed to recover a fair bit.

However, this injured person did not want to keep still. The moment he woke up, he hurried away to chase after another. Afraid that he would not be able to catch up, he even refused to take a carriage, choosing to ride a horse instead. Moving rapidly, he had already searched through Qingcheng County, Goose City as well as their surroundings. He then vomited blood again, collapsing onto the ground. With no choice but to acquiesce, he stayed on in Qingcheng County.

When Guan Shanjin vomited blood for the second time, Man Yue was terribly frightened, afraid that this person would die just like this.

Guan Shanjin and Man Yue had been childhood friends, and they were pretty much each other’s shadows. Although he had only arrived at the northwest battleground a few years later because of his age, he took up the position of Guan Shanjin’s adjutant willingly, assisting him as the military leader of the Guan’s army. Man Yue could pound his chest with full confidence and proclaim that there was no one else who understood the General more than him.

However, Man Yue had never expected that he had assessed the situation wrongly. He had laid a savage trap for Guan Shanjin, and he caused himself to be a victim of the whole plan as well.

Wu Xingzi was able to flee without leaving any signs or information, and even Guan Shanjin was unable to find a single clue or trace of him despite personally leading his men in the search. How could Guan Shanjin not have guessed that Man Yue had a hand in this matter? Still, during the past dozen or so days, Guan Shanjin had never asked Man Yue a single question. There had been no change in his attitude towards him, and he still liked to caress Man Yue’s tender, fleshy chin. Today, he even complained, “Man Yue, did you lose weight? I don’t want to see a crescent moon instead of our full moon.”

Man Yue spat at him.

Guan Shanjin’s attitude caused Man Yue to feel a swirl of mixed emotion. It was a rare occasion for him to not have a clue about what his leader was thinking, and so he could only conscientiously help him share his worries, and come up with plans.

This time, Guan Shanjin was severely injured. His blood circulation was badly damaged, and together with his exhaustion from not being able to recuperate properly, his entire being was sickly pale. As his ethereal and divine appearance was touched with the fragility from his illness, he seemed even more exquisite and enchanting. A casual glance from him could leave heat blazing within the other person, and make them feel at a loss for what to do.