Chapter 33 - He's Like A Wisp of Moonlight

Edited by DancingDolphinsYo

When Su Yang delivered the New Year goodies, Wu Xingzi was still unable to get out of bed. Last night, he had indulged a little too much, and on top of that, he was still exhausted from their hurried journey. Even other advisers who were a lot more sturdy looking would not have been able to endure this, and so, Wu Xingzi was sleeping as though he was dead.

As such, this was the first time in Su Yang’s life where he saw the strange sight of Guan Shanjin underdressed in a shuhe1, solemnly unloading the items from the carriage along with the servants he had brought along.

Even though Guan Shanjin was able to carry off the simple shuhe with an elegant flair, it was not enough to abate Su Yang’s anger.

He leapt down from the carriage, shaking with anger as he tugged at the hand of his childhood friend. “Guan Haiwang, how did you end up desecrating yourself like this? You’re the Great Southern Garrison General! How can you do this sort of menial jobs? Where’s that old man?”

“He’s still asleep, as he’s extremely tired.”

Su Yang had used a lot of force, and he managed to stop Guan Shanjin from moving. Guan Shanjin did not struggle, only giving the servants some instructions on how to pack away the items before allowing his friend to pull him into the carriage.

“Look at you all sweaty and smelly, dirtying my blanket made from the fur of the Chinese Golden Monkey.” Su Yang grumbled away, pouring a cup of tea and handing it to Guan Shanjin. He then asked disdainfully, “What sort of madness are you coming up with this time? Why did you come to such a horrid place for the New Year?”

“Because I’m happy to do so.” Sipping the tea, a smile could be seen in Guan Shanjin’s eyes, and he unconsciously glanced at that little house outside. The person within should be sleeping very well, seeing how he was completely not disturbed by all this noise.

Su Yang snorted. “Then, have you ever thought about whether Mr. Lu is happy about it or not?” He crossed his legs, placing his elbow on his knee, as he rested his chin on his hand. Looking refined and distinguished, that image of him made Guan Shanjin laugh.

“Why would Mr. Lu be unhappy? He knows about this too. I had informed him once I decided. Laoshi told me to have a good New Year, and to relax.” When he had mentioned this to Mr. Lu, Guan Shanjin was somewhat testing his reaction as well. He knew that Mr. Lu would be getting married after the New Year. Although he could understand Mr. Lu’s thoughts, there was still bitterness in his heart, and he could not help but want to trigger him a little.

“Relax?” Su Yang pursed his lips disapprovingly. “Man Yue has been so busy that he is even fatter than before, right?”

When talking about this round and plump fellow villager, Su Yang’s foxy eyes glimmered with some malice.

“That’s not something you should be concerned about.” Guan Shanjin replied with a light smile. He had never liked Su Yang’s antagonism towards Man Yue. After all, there were differences between relatives and friends, and for him, Man Yue was someone extremely close to him.

Left speechless, Su Yang was fine with not challenging Guan Shanjin with regards to Man Yue. After all, he was not here for him.

A silence fell between the both of them, and Su Yang finally spoke up again. “Say, what sort of plans do you have towards Mr. Lu?”