Chapter 45 - Mingzhu Flees / A Treasure Covered in Dust1

Since the third young miss of the Yue family wanted to see the general, Man Yue naturally had no reason to stop her.

He turned to instruct Hei’er to go to Shuanghe Yard to invite him over, not forgetting to tell him to go inside, and just calling him from outside would be enough.

Although Hei’er did not understand why, he always listened to Man Yue, and did not take a single step inside.

“The third Yue child wants to see me?” Guan Shanjin exited the residence. His face was dark, as though a storm was coming.

“Yes.” Hei’er bowed his head. As a close bodyguard, he naturally understood what his master’s expression meant, and he exclaimed over his luck internally.

Interrupting Guan Shanjin’s “matters” was nothing, but if he happened to accidentally see even an inch of Adviser Wu’s skin that was supposed to be covered by his clothes, he would definitely have to go through a serious beating.

Thinking about how Guan Shanjin had previously dealt with him, Hei’er could not help but shudder.

“Where’s Mr. Lu?” Guan Shanjin dusted off his clothes. It seemed like he had no intentions to see that proud, arrogant little girl.

“He’s in the front hall.”

Guan Shanjin snorted. So it meant that the Yue child had seen the injury on Mr. Lu’s hand, and wanted him to give an explanation? Guan Shanjin was fed up. He turned back and glanced at Shuanghe Yard. Seeing the indistinct shadows of the luxuriant trees within, did his expression then brighten a little.

Due to the fact that the Yue family still had some use to them, and he had no plans on replacing them with another new family, as well as the upcoming marriage between Mr. Lu and the third Yue child, Guan Shanjin chose not to act… Hmph, and still there’s someone eagerly rushing towards their death. Might as well fulfill their wishes.

“Stay here and watch over Wu Xingzi.” Although he did not like how close Hei’er and Wu Xingzi were, he was even more unwilling for Wu Xingzi to suffer the slightest mishap.

Recently, the Yue family had been getting increasingly involved with the forces in the capital. Man Yue and him had already laid a trap for them, and that family could not be given any opportunity to create trouble lest they spoil his plans.

“Yes.” Hei’er accepted the command, and in a flash, he hid himself.

Guan Shanjin felt annoyed, all the gloom within his heart shifting onto Miss Yue, his dislike for this wilful, arrogant lady increasing even further.

Entering the hall to see Miss Yue winding intimately around Mr. Lu’s body, Guan Shanjin sneered. He headed straight for the main seat in the hall, and drank from the teacup that one of his servants held out to him. His attitude made Miss Yue’s chest feel stifled from anger, and she immediately leapt up from her seat, pointing at Guan Shanjin. “Guan Shanjin! Master Lu is your laoshi, and so I’m your shiniang2. Has all your scripture-studying gone down the drain?”

His shiniang3?

What a shiniang!

Guan Shanjin snorted, the teacup in his hand turning in an instant to powder. Scalding hot tea spilt across the ground, and the heat of the tea left red marks on his fair, jade-like hand.