Chapter 27 - Will o' Wisp Lu Finally Appears!

Wu Xingzi woke up late. It was already past 9am when he was awaken. Someone, either Mint or Osmanthus, was knocking on his door, calling him.

“Mister! Mister! Are you up yet?” Opening his eyes blearily, Wu Xingzi zoned out for quite some time. Hearing the girls outside the door discussing anxiously whether they should break the door down, he answered in a fluster, “I’m up! I’m up!”

“Mister is up!” This voice sounded like it belonged to Osmanthus. She delightedly exhaled in relief. “Mister, the general has sent someone to invite you over.”

“The general?” Wu Xingzi’s brain had yet to fully awaken. Pulling an outer robe on, he stumbled to open the door. Probably because he had slept for too long, his bones ached a little.

“Yes, the general is inviting you over.” Mint could see that Wu Xingzi was still in a daze. He was staring blankly at them, and she could not help but burst out laughing as she shook her head. “Mister, you should quickly go and wash up. Today, you must fully capture the general!”

“Fully capture the general?” No, he could not do that! He still had to go back home and pay respects to his ancestors.

At last, he woke up completely. Wu Xingzi smiled awkwardly at the two girls, keeping quiet. He took the water basin from Mint and turned to head back into his room.

Long used to how Wu Xingzi handled everything by himself, the girls freely opened the wardrobe and took out a dark green silky robe, and picked out a peony-red belt that was woven with glinting threads. With light blue inner clothes, and its collar embroidered with a bird pattern, his clothes looked simple, yet exquisite.

Osmanthus found a few accessories, and both of them compared those accessories on Wu Xingzi’s belt, looking doubtful.

Done with washing up, Wu Xingzi was about to comb and tie up his hair in a bun. However, Mint quickly came over and took his comb away from him. Pushing him towards the dressing table and sitting him down, she deftly applied a hair oil with the scent of osmanthus on his hair, skilfully combing his hair for him.

Uhh… Wu Xingzi was shocked silly. The smell of the osmanthus hair oil was a little thick, and he could not help but sneeze a few times. A slightly wry expression appeared on his face when he made a vague guess about the reason behind the girls’ actions.

“Hey, I’m not…” seeking any affections, I just want to go home to spend the New Year, that’s all… Wu Xingzi was unable to say that aloud, and it was highly likely that the two girls would not listen as well. Wu Xingzi sighed, resignedly letting them do whatever they wanted. He only hoped that Guan Shanjin would not misunderstand anything.

“It had been arranged that you would be having lunch together, but the general now has invited you over so early. There must be something going on.” Osmanthus was scenting the clothes next to them. The fragrance was very nice, a refreshing green scent that made Wu Xingzi feel at ease.

“Maybe he has some military matters to deal with.” The two girls snorted heavily hearing this.

“More like he’s worried about delaying Mr. Lu’s meal time.” Mint cleverly twisted his hair into a bun, inserting a warm, jade-coloured hair clasp. The style was neat and simple, and there was no extraneous ornamentation.