Chapter 47 - There Are Some Things You Actually Did Not Forget

Rancui waved his hand, signalling his employee to collect the pengornis drawings that had been mailed to the Peng Society, and then welcomed Wu Xingzi to sit down and have some snacks.

Only when half the plate was empty did Wu Xingzi realise something. He watched Rancui with a questioning gaze for a moment before asking, “Manager, why are you in Bastion City as well?”

“It’s nothing, I just suddenly had an urge to have a change of scenery.” Rancui covered his smile, then nodded towards Hei’er who was standing outside the pavilion. “Adviser, with Commander Hei still following behind you the whole time, aren’t you annoyed by it?”

“What are you saying, Manager, it’s me who has troubled Hei’er.” Wu Xingzi anxiously waved his hands. He did not understand why Guan Shanjin insisted that Hei’er had to follow him. Hei’er was known as Commander Hei, he definitely had many duties to do, yet he still had to follow Wu Xingzi around. He must definitely feel upset about it!

“Commander Hei, don’t stand there like a statue. The rare rays of sun have all been blocked by you already.” Rancui could never feel at ease whenever he looked at Hei’er. Despite how honest this tanned, swarthy man looked, Rancui still remembered when Guan Shanjin destroyed the Peng Society, Hei’er had rolled his sleeves up without a word and went to work. Guan Shanjin was more verbal than physical, while Hei’er did not say a thing, and only focused on acting physically.

Rancui’s distaste for Guan Shanjin was due to his concern towards the members of the Peng Society, whereas towards Hei’er, he just plainly and simply did not like him. This bastard looked like a dog, and only when he grinned did one realise that he was actually a wolf.

“Apologies for my discourtesy.” Hei’er still had his head bowed, and he moved out of the way, looking very meek and submissive.

Rancui was steaming internally, but he could not express it openly. He could only snort coldly, and the salesman too happened to have returned, so Rancui just ignored Hei’er.

“Adviser Wu, take a look. All seven replies are here, would you like to examine them?”

“Ah, uhh…” Wu Xingzi blushed red. He stroked the seven letters, his action carrying a little of his yearning. However, he pulled his hand back very quickly as though he had been burnt, and shook his head continuously. “I- I’ll look at them when I get back. I have full trust in how the Manager deals with things.”

Wu Xingzi really did want to look at them. After all, these were amongst the top ten of his pengornis rankings. Still, under bright daylight, with a seemingly otherworldly Rancui in front of him, Wu Xingzi was too shy to pull the drawings out.

“Adviser Wu has complimented me too highly.” Rancui laughed lightly, but sighed internally. He had tried so hard to protect Wu Xingzi, but he did not manage to protect him from Guan Shanjin this evil wolf. How could he have the cheek to think that he had dealt with things well?

“Here, this is the newest edition of the Pengornisseur. Adviser, please have fun with it.” Rancui nudged the Pengornisseur that had just been published yesterday forward. It was very very thick, and Wu Xingzi’s eyes bulged out upon seeing it.

“This is…” The previous issues he owned were only about a hundred pages each, but this copy probably had about three or four hundred pages! In his hands, the book felt very solid and heavy, and in one corner was a small inscription, “Great Xia”.