Ch 26: Denial

"RISE AND SHINE, HANDSOME! It's a bright and sunny day, to leave and explore the outside world- and out of this damn lovely house!", I yelled happily at the top of my lungs, shaking Damon side to side whilst he was still asleep. "Few more minutes.", Damon grumbled, still groggy because I just woke him up. It had officially been two weeks since the incident with Katherine and thankfully I had finally started to begin with the mental recover-for the most part, anyways- I ended up grabbing one of the pillows and smacked Damon multiple times with it. He waved his arm up for me, to signal obvious defeat, "Okay! Okay! I'll get up!". I giggled and squeaked, kissing his cheek and taking a quick step back.
He sat up in the bed, the sheets gathered nicely around his waist. He throughly rubbed his tired face with his hands. I bit my bottom lip, looking at his abs softly moving up and down. I had stared a little too long and zoned out into my own daydream.

There we were, making sweet love on the floor. He handled me so sweetly, even kissing every square inch of my body. "I want you to be mine forever, Sweetness.", Damon cooed to me. "I will be yours forever, Damon Salvatore.", I pledged to my handsome and sexy boyfriend, Damon Salvatore. He slid an engagement ring onto my ring finger.

Oh what a wonderful thought to dream of. Knowing Damon, that wouldn't come till later on about a hundred years or so. "Stop eye-fucking me or you're going to get the real deal.", Damon laughed, moving off the bed in stealth mode. "I love you, silly! I will be waiting for your sexy ass in the Camaro then.", I winked at him and skipped, heading out of our room.
-------------------------
I tapped on the dashboard inside the Camaro, while patiently waiting for Damon. The drivers side door opened and Damon sat down, closing the door at the same time. He place his left hand on the steering wheel and turned the ignition on with his right hand. He then planted his right hand on my thigh, giving a little squeeze to boost the energy towards today. "Ready, Baby?", he smiled, patting my thigh a few more times while awaiting for my answer. "I wanna see the coast. I wanna feel the sand on my bare feet, the cold- or warm- water from the ocean on my skin, the ocean breeze through my hair. I never went to the coast, because I thought in "due time" I would have a reason to experience it.", I deeply sighed, staring into the vast distance of another daydream of just us walking along the coastline.
"Which place do you wanna go see the coast?", Damon inquired, looking at me intently. "Anywhere in California. I heard there's some good beaches up there. What are your thoughts, Babe?", I looked back, intently awaiting his response. He smirked and pressed his foot on the gas pedal slowly, the car moved forward at a continuous speed. "I know a good place in California: Santa Monica here we come." , he chuckled and pulled me in for a kiss. Of course butterflies flew rapidly in my stomach, as a new and a nervously exciting adventure awaits for an old vampire like myself.
-------------------------
"Welcome to the great Santa Monica Pier, Gorgeous.", Damon proclaimed, energetically stretching his arms way above his head and flailing them about. "You're too adorable, Mr. Salvatore", I chuckled, watching him act like a little child. "You haven't seen adorable, yet, Ms. L/n. Let me ask you one question, though: Do you really see me?", he flirtatiously boasted, taking my hand and having us run into the small amusement park.
We had played a few games, Damon ended up winning one and was awarded a big pink teddy bear. He gave it for me to hold, seeing my pure joy to hold a fluffy object this big. "Omg it's so adorable, Babe! Thank you!", I squeaked, pecking him on the cheek and bringing my attention directly back to the cuddly bear. "There's one more game we have to play. Come with me for a second.", Damon whispered into my ear. He showed me to a game called "Whack-A-Mole".
"Okay, so, for this game you have to whack as many as possible to win that alligator plush for me. Will y'a do that for me, Sweet Cheeks?", he politely asked, snaking his hand down my back and lightly patting my ass. "I'll do anything for you.", I hummed, picking up the plastic hammer and positioning my stance to get ready to rumble. Ding, I hit the first mole. Ding, I hit the second. Ding, again, hitting the third and so forth. "Haha, this is so much fun, Babe!", I giggled and looked towards Damon.
"Look at me, I'm crushing this game by the balls!- Oh my God, DAMON!", I screamed as I saw his lifeless body resting on top of the Whack-A-Mole game, for his side of the two-player game. I backed away and soon enough I saw multiple people lying on the floor covered in blood. "This can't be happening!.. What is happening to me?", my lips quivered underneath my strained voice, my hand covered my mouth. I went to grab my hair, but only saw blood on my hands. "What did I do?", I gasped, grasping my chest and falling down onto my knees as they buckled.
"WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS?! WHY TAKE THE WHOLE WORLD- TAKE MY ETERNAL LOVE! WHY?! WHY?!", I screamed to the sky, feeling an empty hole form in my heart. "...Why me?", I sobbed, weakly getting up and making my way towards Damon's body. I shakily brushed the stranded hair away from his face. "This can't be real. I was so ready to live with you forever. This can't be right because you shouldn't have left without me, asshole!", I frustratedly hit the structure of the game. "Every time.", Katherine chuckled, maneuvering her path through the dead bodies.
I quickly got up to my feet, ready for combat. "Why, Sis?", I fell beneath her presence, my soul finally destroyed to tiny bits and pieces by her at last. There was no way I could ever be the same person I was before Katherine's cold acts, for "asserting a higher dominance". "Fine, I'll tell you everything.", she huffed, disappearing again and having me fall in mid air to god-knows where. Before I knew it, I awakened in a bed and a different living setting.

"Welcome back to the world of the living and not the realm of the dreamers, for now, Little Sis.", Katherine chuckled.