Ch 25: Disoriented

"WHY IS THIS HAPPENING TO ME!", I screamed at the top of my lungs. I drew my knees to my chest, crying from the recent events. I think my sister successfully broke my mind and soul once again. I took the wine glass sitting on the opposite side of the bathtub and violently threw it onto the wall in front of me. I screamed again, covering my face with my hands and digging deeper into the skin with my nails. "Baby, are you alright?", Damon asked, worriedly, as he came into the open bathroom. My whole soul jumped out of my body, taking a hold onto both sides of the bathtub.
"JESUS!- DAMON?!", I screeched, my eyes wide open, as if I were seeing a ghost. He rushed up to the bathtub, kneeling on the ground. I instantly pulled back. "It can't be you... is it? Where the hell were you when I needed you?", I anxiously ask him, maintaining the little distance now left between us. He took my violently shaking hands and rested them on his shoulders, softly rubbing his fingers up and down beneath my arms. "I went to go get Stefan, remember?", he replied, then lifted one hand to tuck away a wet strand of hair dangling in my face. Of course I had flinched, of course, but it was only because he had triggered those horrible memories within the trauma of my brain. "Y-Yeah, is he okay?", I had asked while hoping I didn't do too much damage to Stefan. I tried to ignore the fact that he was really worried about me. He didn't make it any easier though, but did answer my question, "Stefan's okay. Upon impact, a few splinters into his skin and he was whimpering like a baby. But, it is safe to say he'll make it".
I noticed almost immediately the last line he said was an attempt to make me laugh and feel better, but the traumatic effects had numbed my happiness. Stressful tears pulled themselves down my face, "I'm glad he's okay, really". My nose sniffled like mad, Damon wiped my eyes free of tears. "...What happened to you?". I silently whimpered to myself and avoided eye contact when shutting my eyes. My body trembled, almost as violent as a seemingly endless earthquake. "Gorgeous, I need you to listen to my voice right now. Can you do that for me?", I felt him gently squeeze the outside of my arm, which helped me focus back on him. "Can you get out of the bathtub, I'm sure you're absolutely freezing right now. Let's put some warm clothes on you. Can you do that for me?", he asked of me, but all I could focus on was his beautiful eyes.
Those eyes made me feel more connected and at home, more safe let's just say that. I grabbed the side of the bathtub and pushed as hard as I could, but, my body gave out within an instant. "I think I might need a little help.", I mumbled to myself, embarrassed. "It's okay, Honey. I know you've been really stressed lately.", Damon soothingly hummed. He reached his hands and broke the surface tension of the water, scooping them underneath my back and legs and lifted me out of the bathtub. Damon's soft grunts in the process helped me relax, too. I wrapped my arms behind Damon's neck and deeply sighed with relief.
-------------------------
"I know the last time we spoke, you were going to take your anger upon Katherine.", Damon inquired, handing me a cup of warm tea and sitting beside me. I had a blanket draped around my upper body. "Yes, my original plan was the assert dominance over my dear Sister. Although, I was unsuccessful when I went to pay her a little visit. Seeing as she bested me and all.", I weakly smiled and shrugged. He put his arm behind my back and tapped my arm, practically signaling me to lean on him now that he was sitting beside me.
Damon ran his fingers through my hair and kissed the top of my head. "Do you mind telling me more?", he hummed, knowing that I had more information about the tragic event then I had led on. "She had somehow put me to rest and invaded my mind. I-I saw some things I would never want to see and experienced them first hand.", I mumbled, anxiously pausing before I continued with the greater details. "She made it known that she indeed has the higher power. She asserted that by making me physically experience the worst of my premonitions: there you were, stumbling through the door covered in blood. It looked like you had been badly tortured and died in my arms.", I whispered, slightly shaking in his arms now.
Damon took the cup of tea from my hands and placed it on the coffee table. He then pulled me into a tight hug, "I can't even begin to imagine how you felt, going through that blatantly horrific experience". I shut my eyes, crying any tear that was left. "It was so bad, that I still don't even know if all of this is real. I don't know if you're real, Damon.", I sobbed, gripping onto his shirt and tried my best burying my whole face in it. "I'm here, Gorgeous. You don't have to worry anymore... I'm here.", Damon softly shushed my sobbing. "I can't bear to lose you, ghost or not. I love you so much.", I whimpered, looking up at him.
"Hopefully that hell of a nightmare has ended. I don't want to lose you and I promise for damn sure that you won't lose me, either.", Damon breathed, delicately kissing his soft lips onto my cheek. We sat in silence for a few minutes before he suggested, "How about we head to bed and get some much needed rest, Honey. It's been a long day for you and I know I'm tired". He yawned and stretched out his whole body. "I would like that.", I agreed, kissing Damon before letting him guide us to our bedroom...