Ch 10: Unwanted Memories

My eyes sluggishly fluttered open. I couldn't feel my body for the life of me. There was a horrific sound of screams before I came to. Once I felt more conscious, I tried moving my head to see what was happening. There was a man, staking the motionless and vervain-drugged vampires lying on the ground. To my left, I saw Damon's unconscious body. I tried reaching out for Damon, but my arm was too weak. Tears streamed down my face, I struggled saying, "I don't want us to part. Not when we possibly have the rest of our years living in pure bliss. Please wake up".
I could see his eyes slowly opening, squinting from the bright lighting fixtures. I smiled, hopeful for a new beginning. Sadly the feeling was short lived, as I felt and smelled gasoline being poured on me. I choked on some of what went down my throat. The horrible man was thrown at a wall. Another figure stepped in, it was Stefan. I smelled smoke in the room, the guy must have dropped the match. I heard the screams of vampires burning to their deaths.
Soon to be feared of my own, I broke my daylight necklace off and reached it close to Damon's palm. The fire grew closer, I screamed in pain when it first touched me. Then I felt a pat down, relieving my skin from such horrible heat. "There's no need in being the hero, Y/n. Not in your condition.", Stefan mumbled, picking me up and taking me out of the room. "Damon...", I whimpered. I could see the concern in Stefan's eyes. "He'll be fine, don't you worry. I'll go get him.", he tried reassuring me.
He rested me on the grass outside. "Y/n, are you okay?!?!", Elena gasped, relieved. I think the slap I received following after woke me straight up. "Ow, what the fuck was that for?", I groaned, massaging the sting feeling on my cheek. "That was for not telling me about the entire truth about who you are.", she growled, folding her arms. "I deserved that one and I'm sorry for it.", I sighed, opening my arms for a warm Elena-forgiving hug. I guess I was welcoming another slap to the face.
"ELENA!", I gasped, annoyed more than anything. One slap was enough, but another one? "-And that was for abandoning me in school.", she added, huffing. I nodded my head in an understanding. She finally gave me a hug. "You Petrova women, there's no stopping you from physically expressing your feelings.", I chuckled. Elena had a confused look on her face. Shit. My eyes widened, regretting the slightest important information I told her. "What?", she asked, poisoned curiousity filled her mind. To save my ass, Stefan finally comes out with Damon.
Damon's arm was wrapped behind Stefan's neck, Stefan being the brace for drugged Damon to walk with. I tried walking fast towards him, but stumbled onto the ground from my weak strength. I guess Stefan let Damon do the same. "Who or what made that ear-piercing screech?", I asked, resting my hand on my head from a headache I was still having. "I know who it fucking was. It was that selfish witch, Bonnie.", Damon groaned, moving closer towards me. I was in disbelief, "What? No, she couldn't have". He gave me the look that revealed everything. My heart fell down into the bottom of my stomach.
"Fuck... FUCK!", I cried, feeling Damon's arms wrapped around me. All I could think of was how the most beloved witch I knew turned against the kind like me and might as well be myself, too. I felt his chin rest on my shoulder, "I'm sorry you had to find about her this way, to find out she doesn't trust vampires like us". His hands smoothly rubbed up and down my arms, squeezing lightly each stroke. "Come on, Damon. You don't really mean that.", Stefan scoffed, he probably thought Damon's vulnerability was all an act.
Damon turned his head toward Stefan, glaring at him. Stefan backed away to Elena. "I'll try to make things right with Bonnie, Y/n. That's a promise. Let's go Stefan.", Elena said, dragging Stefan along with her. I looked back to Damon, sighing with great relief. "Should we go back to my place?", he asked me, interlocking the fingers of his hand with mine. He turned it around, giving the top of my hand a kiss. "Sounds like a good deal.", I chuckled, kissing him.
---------------------------
The warm water in Damon's bathtub had really helped me relax. I also put some soap to create bubbles and had a wine glass filled of blood in my right hand. I finally closed my eyes as I sank more into the tub.

There was Damon, sitting on the bed. He turned around to face me, all I could see was blood covering his whole body. He looked scared, I could see it in his frail eyes. "Help me.", he asked, trying to reach out for me with his hand. "Help me!", he asked louder, his brows furrowing up. I tried to reach for him, but my arm was to slow and my body felt stiff. Then, in a flash, Damon launches at me. "HELP ME!", he screamed from the top of his lungs. He was stopped by the stake from Stefan's hand, which went straight through this heart. "Damon!", I cried. He fell to the floor, dead.
The dark veins appeared all over his body, one of the the true signs of a vampire's death. I finally regained the strength to leave the bed and go onto my knees next to Damon's body. I gently brushed his face with my hand, waterfalls of tears were still rushing from my mournful eyes. "Damon, don't leave me... please don't leave me...", I buried my head in between his neck and shoulder. I felt a cold chill, an even icier tone spoke behind me, "Still weak, I see. I can get into you dreams like no tomorrow". I turned around to see Katherine. "Your focus is only on Stefan and Elena, Y/n. Damon's only a distraction.", she muttered. I tried to respond, but a sudden feeling of water trapped in my lungs came quickly. She leaned in closer, "You should probably get out of that bathtub right about now". I heard her menacing giggling one last time before I woke up.

I forgot that I had just about submerged myself in the water. I rose above the surface, splashing around to find a way to get out. I was frantic, it was stressful and worrying about the danger I have put the others in. I coughed and coughed, trying to get the rest of the water from out of my lungs. I heard heavy footsteps closing nearby. Damon rushed to my side, I was still heaving recovering from the loss of breath.
I felt his arms wrap around my arms and chest. It felt really comforting, knowing I was safe in somebody's arms, even if the feeling only lasted for a second. I held onto him for dear life, like a cat getting put in water. "Shit, Y/n. What happened??", he asked, worried in fear. He tried to warm my shivering body with his warm embrace. I was pissed, though I sit here, I felt powerless. "Katherine. Katherine is what happened.", I responded with my chattering teeth, frustrated and angry.