Ch 28: Forever, as Promised

It has been a year since the eventful incident with Katherine. I had finally- and I mean it this time- moved on with my life. Damon and I are happy, we are very much in love. My wish came true of going to the beach, in Santa Barbara this time. We sat on our beach chairs, holding glasses filled  of wine. Our free hands interlacing each other's fingers.
   I sipped some wine from my glass, feeling the warm sun seek through my skin.  "Are you enjoying the sun, Honey?", Damon asked, turning his head to me. For a moment I felt guilt, since Damon was just a Vampire. He could not feel the warmth as I could. So, I guess I'm lucky and grateful to be able to feel the sun and the temperatures surrounding me. "Nice and warm.", I moaned, the warm rays hitting me just right. He took my hand and kissed the top of it. "Didn't know the sun could make you so pleased? It's a good thing you are more pleased when we have sex together.", he chuckled, sipping from his glass.
I smacked his shoulder lightly, whispering, "Damon, there are children around!". To which he responded, "So?". I rolled my eyes, smiling from his confidence. "Would it stop me from doing this?:", he got up from his chair and held his hands out for me to take. He helped me stand up from my chair. "Damon, what are you doing?", I nervously looked at him. He got down on one knee, something the past me would have never thought to happen in the future. "We have gone through so much these past few years and I have come to a realization: I want to be with you forever. I want to take vows and marry you so hard, we will have the most amazing wedding ever. You have made me the happiest man, with all that I have learned being by your side. You changed me in the greatest and most sincere ways I never would've imagined. I love you, Honey.", he softly cried with joy.
   Damon continued, pulling out the ring, "Y/n L/n, will you make me the happiest man alive marry me?". I covered my mouth with both of my hands. I nodded my head, "Yes! Yes, Damon, I will marry you!". He slid the ring on my ring finger and stood up to pull me into a kiss. "How delightful, to see a man propose to his longest and most cherished love.", Klaus applauded shortly after, startling us. "My brother, Elijah, sends his kindest regards.", Klaus greeted. I deeply gulped. "Why did you just gulp?", Damon nervously glanced at me. Klaus revealed, "For the reason that she is gulping makes it quite obvious, Damon. I'll explain in a few short details: My brother and Katerina were in-love with one another, until poor Katerina's little sister came into the mix of things. Elijah just couldn't help himself and began a new love with our dear Little Hybrid here. For it to only last a little while, Little Hybrid tore my brother's heart and ran cowardly for Mystic Falls. Where she indeed find a man of lesser value.", Klaus smile disappeared, his eyes were the ones to taunt me.
I kept quiet, the guilt surged through me like a wildfire. I desperately pleaded in my mind for Klaus to not get the truth out of me because I will ultimately lose Damon's love. "Do not demean my Fiancé like that, Klaus. What do you want anyway?", I glared at him, he grew a smile back on his face. "Do you remember what I said a year ago?", Klaus inquired. "I remember", I responded back. "Well, now is the time to start on that favor of mine. Why don't you say goodbye to your Fiancé so we can head back to my home.", he pointed his hand to Damon.
I saw how uncomfortable Damon seemed, processing all this information with Elijah and me leaving him within a moments time. "The clock is ticking, Little Hybrid.", Klaus urged me to say my goodbyes. I kissed Damon, "I promise I won't be long and when I get back we're going to have the most kick-ass wedding ever". "I'll be waiting. I love you and please be careful.", Damon sighed from exhaustion. I kissed him on the cheek, "I will. I love you, too". I walked away from Damon and followed Klaus into his car.
—————————————————————————
"...So what's going down in New Orleans?", I broke the silence, after it had been an hour of no talking since he started driving.

"We're going to take my home back and relieve my dear friend, Marcellus Gerard, of his royalty status within the French Quarter", Klaus chirped.

I looked to the outside view of the landscape we were passing, "...Great... just... great...".

   He laughed, finding my pain quite humorous, "Oh don't whine. It'll be fun, you'll see. Maybe you will even make my apprenticeship and show me how much your  worth is to stay in my family and friends good graces".

I just rolled my eyes and didn't respond, patiently awaiting for the next steps of Klaus' "great" plan.