Ch 23: Checkmate

"Katerina Petrova:", I violently growled after busting through the front door of her Apartment in good old state of New York. I immediately spotted her sitting on the couch, watching some weird Soap Opera. "If only I hadn't known you were becoming such a depressing slut of a woman for Stefan Salvatore, I might not even be here right now.", I lowly scowled. She paused her show and turned her attention towards me. She mockingly had a pained expression on her face, she placed her right hand on top of her heart.
"Ouch. Watch your tone when speaking to me, young lady.", Katherine huffed, jokingly. I folded my arms, waiting for her following excuse. She then stared at me, clearly letting me know I ruined her "happy" mood... whatever that was. "You don't have any say with what I do, Y/n. You are not the one who is in love with Stefan Salvatore. So- mind your own goddamn business.", she grumbled, turning her attention towards the tv again. I made my way around the couch and blocked the television to, again, get Katherine's attention.
Yet, there was something different- odd, really- about Katherine's body language: it didn't speak of true Petrova confidence at all. Her body language spoke that of true defeat. Worst of all, she was eating human food- which rarely happens, given once every 500 years. A smug smile formed on my face, "My, my. How the mighty have fallen. I wouldn't have thought this day would come any sooner". I bent lower to her level, happy as can be.
She avoided any eye contact, drawing her lips tight and her brows furrowed. "Your that insecure? That's fucking pathetic, if you tell me, Katherine!", I shouted and laughed, with no hesitation whatsoever. Katherine immediately lunged at me, "YOU FUCKING SHUT YOUR MOUTH, Y/N!". She crashed us through the living room wall, a wall that was attached to her bedroom. My backside thudded onto the floorboard, leaving a temporary twinge of pain. Katherine didn't hesitate to grab a good sized stake, randomly out of nowhere, and unnecessarily stab me in the abdomen.
"That was a low blow, Katherine.", I choked, trying to focus away from the horrendous pain I was in. Her composure returned and she was back to her normal self. "Don't you ever judge my motives. You're a Pierce for fucking sake, whether you like it or not.", Katherine raged with power, releasing her grip from the stake. I continued to writhe in pain, trying my best to reach for the stake before possibly passing out. "Oh stop your whining, Y/n. It was about time you learned that not everything revolves around you.", Katherine sighed, sitting back on the couch. I eventually regain enough consciousness to pull the stake out from my body. "You should really take your own advice, Katherine.", I coughed out loud, spitting out some blood in the process.

In a minute's notice, the wound on my body had fully healed. The next part was going to be tricky- I was going to pretend to still heal from the wound.

I had a plan.

"Katherine, I think there might be splinters still left. I cannot get to them, can you help just this once.", I groaned, slowly wiggling around the floor in great discomfort. Katherine rolled her eyes, groaning as she left the couch again, "I'm going to regret this, aren't I?". She kneeled onto the floor, her knees close to my ribs as she uses her hand to reach for the inflicted wound. "Hey, Katherine?", I whispered. Her hand stopped midway, "What, Y/n?". I avoided my gaze, in attempt to act vulnerable to her eyes. I took in a deep breath, "Don't tell anyone I told you this... you're an okay sister, sometimes". For a split second I glimpsed at her glossy eyes. Did she really get emotional over one sentence?

Katherine cleared her throat, "...You're not so bad, either". I couldn't help but feel so happy for what happened next: Only then did Katherine find out I was healed when placing her hand upon my wound. "One more thing, Big Sis.", I deeply chuckled with pride. The sudden realization came into her face, I quickly grabbed her wrist to keep her in place. "Checkmate, Bitch.", I growled, gladly watching her struggle from my strong grip. Klaus appeared from behind Katherine and shoved the cure into her mouth. "Hello, Katherine.", Klaus greeted with immense pleasure. He then forcefully closed her mouth, which broke the glass vial and released the liquid into her mouth.

Bingo.

Katherine had spit out the broken glass, the color on her face even turning more paler than possible. "I've waited so long to do that, Dear- as well as quite useless to me- Katherine.", Klaus sighed with content. "No-No-No, THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING!!", Katherine screamed after forcefully swallowing the blood. I felt all the power that was lost, during my time spent with Katherine.
I laughed and laughed, yet, she glared at me. She looked at me, as if I was in the wrong. "You... Bitch.", she huffed. "-Says the psychotic monster herself.", I scoffed proudly, looking to Klaus for his approval. He just rolled his eyes, acting not impressed with my handy work for revenge. "You haven't defeated her yet, Little Hybrid.", Klaus mumbled, rubbing his hand anxiously on his mouth. Wait, Klaus is never anxious? Why is he anxious? "Why are you anxious, oh 1000 year old Hybrid?", I confidently inquired. He didn't answer, just looked at me as if I was playing with fire. Meanwhile, Katherine is starting to make her way out the door.
"Where do you think you are going, Big Sis?", I hummed, grabbing her arm and dragging her back inside. Klaus disappeared by the time we were inside again. I shook the thought away and refocused my attention on Katherine. I tossed her onto the couch. "Obviously I was trying to escape from you, seeing that I need my whereabouts to be unknown- being human now and all, having so many enemies who wouldn't waste a second destroying this beautiful face.", she heavily sighed, gloomily pointing to her own face. She eerily continued,

"Just know one thing: I still have power over you".

𝒟𝑜 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝑒 𝓂𝑒? (𝒟𝒶𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝒮𝒶𝓁𝓋𝒶𝓉𝑜𝓇𝑒 𝒳 𝐹𝑒𝓂𝒶𝓁𝑒 𝑅𝑒𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓇) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें