I love you dad.

[TW, this chapter contains mentions of suicidal thoughts]

Its nighttime and I can't help but to be mesmerized by the charming atmosphere in the garden outside. The warm lights from the lamp posts that are carefully brightening the walkway and the elements on each side. The longing is too much. Carefully I open the window, a fresh night breeze plays with my hair, moving it in the directions it seeks.

Placing my foot on the windowsill, I stand up and grip on to the frame.  Gently lowering my body and making a small jump that lands me on the soft grass below.

The garden is decorated with beautifully sculped trees and flowers, it even has a fountain placed near the big cherry tree. I walk over to the tree and sit along its roots. Every now and then, soft pedals fall from the branches and down on me. Such a relaxing ambience.

'Meow'

The sound of a cat lingers around the garden. I used to have a black and white cat when I was little, its meow sounded almost alike to this one. I look around to see if I can find it but is met with it jumping down from a branch, landing right beside me.

"Now who are you little guy?" I ask in a curious voice, knowing it won't respond. I reach out my hand, waiting for it to let me pet it. It is almost a bit weird how alike the cat is to the one I used to have. I pat my lap to let it come lay down. "But what is this?" I ask, spotting a small bottle hanging on its collar. Untangling the thread, I take off the bottle. It is small and made of glass, decorated with a black leather cover and a tiny butterfly stamp. Could this be?

I open the bottle, discovering a folded letter.

'Hi, my dear' The writing begins.

'I am afraid that I have some bad news for you. A couple of days ago your father was shot.' I freeze still. What is this?! Is this a joke?! My mind is raising through millions of places, wondering if I should just tear the letter apart and throw it away; but after inhaling a deep breath of air, I decide to keep reading it.

'I know what you are like, and how much his passing will haunt you, so this is all the information I have gathered on the culprit:

-The name is Frank Henriksen, he has been living in Norway his whole life and it doesn't look like he is ever planning on moving away.

-His hair is blonde and his eyes dark blue.

-He has been spotted regularly in the dark gates of Drammen. It is believed that he is working as a hitman for hire.

-He has a full sleeve tattoo on his left arm, sculpted with lions, leaves, clouds and a lot of fill in black.

Your father has been watching over you all this time, wishing he could be there with you. Keep fighting, and don't you ever give up. -Z.K'

Anger boils through my blood, while my vision blurs with tears. How could this be? I pet the cat for comfort. Z.K is my father's best friend. He was always around him when they had to leave for meetings, and whenever I needed to be with my father, he would cover for him. He was my father's most trusted ally. And the only one clever enough to have the information of my location and to use a cat just alike the one I had as a child for the messenger. He did it to reassure me that it's certainly from him and no one else.

I can't believe this. My father is.. dead?

"Thank you." I stroke the soft black fur one last time and send the cat on its away.

Who the fuck does this idiot think he is?! Out of fury I punch the tree with my fist, an intense pain hits my knuckles, and tears flow down my cheeks. All I want to do is to scream. Scream until my lungs run out of air. Scream until I pass out. Curling into a ball, my mind fills with wishes of wanting to disappear. To just be gone from this treacherous world. Maybe I will see him again if I do. Maybe I will be able to be held in his arms again. And maybe I will be able to tell him how much I love him again.

I sob into my palms. "I love you dad."

"Y/N?" A voice yells at me from a distance. "What are you doing outside so late? Are you trying to run away?" I ignore it.

"Answer me." It's coming closer.

Go away. Go away. GO AWAY.

"Y/n?" A hand brushes again my shoulder but I quickly maneuver away.

DO. NOT. TOUCH. ME.

"Hey, are you okay?" The voice sounds concerned.

LEAVE ME ALONE!

"Y/n?" It tries again.

I cannot deal with this right now. I am not even able to speak up. Pathetic.

The person cautiously sits down beside me, uniting with me in silence.

Without any warning I break down. Tears flow down my cheeks like an overflowing river, my mouth gets dry, and I hulk while trying to gasp for air. The person beside me carefully moves closer and places my head on their lap. "I am here for you." It says reassuringly while gently stroking my hair.

I try to speak up. To answer whoever it is, but I can't. I'm unable to get anything other than shattered hulks out.