what are we actually

* authors note

I've been kind of lazy and been lacking with updates I know, but enjoy this chapter and janelskiy happiness while it last hahahaha ;)

Janel's POV

After my long and I mean long girl talk with Sam I decide to cancel my plans with Val also. I just need some time to think about things. Sam is right in some points, I've never been the girl to just have some fling. I want it all. No denying that, she is however wrong thinking I have any type of romantic feelings for Mark. Each time i kissed him I was thinking about Val or did it because of something Val did, it was always deep down some type of payback. It wasn't a good form of it but it happened like that and it's behind me now. I don't understand why people keep talking about it. It's 7pm just an hour before E!news does a whole segment on me and Mark and our "relationship" as they call it. I'm not even sure I'm going to watch. I sure as hell don't want Val to watch. Those people can't twist things up and get into people's heads so quick. I decide to call Val. Half because I miss him and the other half to keep him aways from the tv sadly.

"hello?" Val says while he yawns.

He probably just woke, dammit.

"Hey, sorry for canceling I just had a long day"

In my defense it's true. My day has been eventful.

"No it's fine. I was tired over rehearsals anyways I needed to rest" he yawns again.

"Seems like you need more test, you sound tired as hell" I laugh.

"Who would rather have rest then talking to the one and only Janel Parrish"

even though I can't see him, I know he's smirking.

"Anyways I have to ask you something"

Woa change of direction. Things sound serious now, and I feel my stomach fall. I hope this isn't about the whole E!news thing.

"Alright, well ask."

"I know were trying this whole "friends" thing out, but friends can ask other friends to get all dressed up and gorgeous to be their date to a event right?"

I breathe again, not what I was expecting but ill take it.

"Depends, were these friends ever in a relationship?"

We both laugh.

"Fair point well made, but who cares. Will you be my date?" He asks sounding nervous.

I was going to make a joke or be sarcastic but seeing as he is nervous I take pity on him.

"What kind of friend would I be if I let you go alone?"

He's honestly so adorable I can't get enough of him...ever.

"Exactly" he says much more calmly.

"So...whatcha doing for the rest of your evening"

I try to sound actually interested, only I just want to know if he's going to watch that interview.

"I'm not watching the interview" he finally says and laughs.

Thank god but what the fuck why not?

"Don't get me wrong, I'm happy you're not because it's full of lies but why?" I ask and even I can hear the confusion in my voice.

"Because you're not my girlfriend. We are friends I can't get mad" he says still calm with a regular voice.

That just blew me. Honestly. I mean I know I'm not his girlfriend it was my damn decision but shit. It just feels a bit disappointing.

"Yeah I knew I made the rules no need to remind" I snap back clearly annoyed.

I guess Val didn't catch it because he responds normally once more.

"Alright well I'll talk to you later, I'm going to cook some dinner for me and a friend, have fun with the rest of your day"

"Oh okay talk to you later"

Then he just hangs up. Woa, that's not even normal for us. At all. I'm used to the jealously, the sassiness, something.

Val's POV

I couldn't help by notice how annoyed Janel sounded when I pretended I didn't care about this whole E!news bullshit. Hell yeah I care, but I won't watch like I told her. We are in a somewhat good place a the moment and I won't let this same argument drag out over and over again, it's boring and irrelevant at this point. Plus, my best friend Alex is coming over. He's one of my good buddies for a long time and I need some guy time. Too much dancing and too much females drama. I need to relax.

Janel's POV

It's about 10pm and Val hasn't texted or called. I don't want to be clingy and call him and I decide not to watch E!news or even dare look at my twitter mentions but I tweet.

"@JanelParrish: the sky tonight... I'm inlove😍"

Then immediately get off. I don't want to risk seeing something I'll regret looking at later on and sour my mood. The nights gorgeous and I'm feeling good. A nice glass of wine, nothing can ruin this. Taking a sip, I get a text.

"Hey what's up? Sorry for the late text I've been busy with rehearsals and preparing Willow for craziness next week!! Hope everything's fine! -Mark"

I texted him hours ago like shit. Something comes over me because I find myself on his tweet reading many cryptic tweets, maybe I'm paranoid.

"@MarkBallas: friend zoned taken to another level 😂"

"@MarkBallas: some females can be so complicated 😒"

"@MarkBallas: when you're only relevant when someone needs you <<"

I get a gut feeling all those can be about me but who would I know, Mark has been recently seen his with ex girlfriend BC Jean and they seem involved again. Ugh Janel why do you care. I take another big sip and decide to just call Mark, see what's the deal.

"Hello?"

* authors note

Okay it's now 5am and I am going to sleep. I'm so tired. Sorry if this chapter isn't juicy LOL I'll make up for it. Goodnight lovelies.

Ps. didn't proof read, CLEARLY.