"Going to kill me, Harry?" He asks him.

Harry's voice shakes as he says, "Yes."

He wobbly raises his wand at Black. Then the door crashes open, showing a disheveled looking Professor Lupin.

We all exclaim, "Professor Lupin!"

He ignores us and eyes Black, commenting with a false friendliness, "Looking a bit ragged, aren't we, Sirius? Finally the skin reflects the madness within."

Wow. Damn. That was the best insult I have ever heard.

"You'd know all about madness within, wouldn't you, Remus?" Black snaps back at him.

Oh. This man really is cruel. Poor Lupin. He didn't willingly become this like Black did.

The two regard each other, taut with tension Lupin then steps forward, and hugs Black like a brother. Okay, now this is just confusing.

I scoff and Hermione yells at him hurt, "No! I trusted you! Y/n and I covered up for you. And all this time you've been his friend!" She then points at Lupin and confesses angrily, "He's a Werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes!"

Harry and Ron stare dumbfounded, at Lupin. Black howls then, bitterly amused. Lupin give him an annoyed look, then turns to Hermione and I.

"How long have you both known?" Lupin asks us.

I answer for us both, "I found out when Snape started talking about how horrible Werewolves are. He hates you, it was a full moon, and your Boggart is the full moon. Hermione found out while writing the essay Snape pettily assigned us. You know, unlike you, I kept a secret when I knew it would ruin someone's life. I begged you to keep mine and you did not. I should have known you would betray us by that alone."

Lupin looks at me astonished and Black laughs.

His laughter ends quickly though, and states, "Yes, you glow like the Sun. And you howl at the Moon. Enough talk! He dies. Now. If you won't do it with me, Remus. I'll do it alone."

"Wait, Sirius-" Lupin starts but is cut off.

Sirius stops him by yelling, "I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban! Trust me, you wouldn't have lasted a week!"

I can't help but sympathize with him, no one should have to endure Azkaban. He's still a cold blooded murderer though. I feel on like I'm missing a huge part of the story for some reason.

Lupin eyes Black, then nods.

Lupin backs off saying, "All right then. As you wish..."

"No!" Harry shouts, scared for his life.

With a flick of Lupin's wand he disarms Harry.
I push him, roughly, behind me. Raising my wand with perfect duel posture, I mull over every counter spell I know. They are more experienced, so I will have to play defense.

He tries to do the same to me but I'm quicker, I mumble, "Protego Totalum."

His spell deflects onto himself and his wands gets casts aside.

Harry shouts at them as he stands beside, "You betrayed my parents! You sold them to Voldemort!"

Black matches his volume and yells at him, "It's a lie! I never would've betrayed James and Lily!"

"Harry! You've got to listen-" Lupin tries to talk and is talked over again.

Harry exclaims, "Did he listen?! When my Mother was dying! Did he hear her scream?!"

"No! I wasn't there! And I'll regret it for the rest of my life!" Black confesses, and from his expression and body language, it's the truth.

I drop my arm.

I look at Harry and tell him, with earnest, "I know when someone is lying, I have been trained to detect it. And he is not, Harry."

I give them both wary looks and Lupin picks up his wand, then explains to Harry, "Someone else betrayed your parents, Harry. Someone in this room right now. Someone who, until quite recently, I believed to be dead."

Harry's eyes flash with recognition. I remember Harry saying the Marauders Map was malfunctioning, saying that a dead man who was Harry's parent's friend, Peter Pettigrew is in the Castle. Surely, my hypothesis is not correct. I look at Sirius Black, wide eyed in shock.

"He's as good as dead." Black spits out, angrily.

"What're you talking about? There's nobody here." Harry asks.

He brings up valid questions, that I do not know the answer to either.

Black matter of factly tells us,"Oh yes there is...l He then turns to Ron, and in a cruel singsong voice, he croons, "Come out, come out, Peter. Come out, come out, and play..."

Ron draws back from his demented gaze.

"Now that is just so many levels of wrong." I disgustedly state.

But something is twisting is Ron's hands...Scabbers. Merlin, the fucking rat is Peter Pettigrew. I give Lupin a surprised look and he gives me tight smile in reply. What the actual fuck. This man is playing the long game and spying on Harry. I stare at the rat, in hatred. He has caused Harry so much pain. He has ruined his life.

Lupin and Black, as one raise their wands. But, the door bursts open, revealing Snape standing there.