Chapter forty-five🫶🏼

Salvatore's pov

It's already been two weeks and Evelyn still won't listen to me. I've been trying so hard to not snap but my patience is wearing thin. I took the guitar out of her hands and placed it over my body to show her how to move her fingers. The sound that came out was a small but sweet tone that I wrote for her when she was stolen from us, it was only about ten years old.

I gave her the guitar back and she smiled up at me before looking down and biting her lip while trying to place her fingers on the right cords. "Evelyn, you have to place them right here and feel it, feel the vibration." She finally moved her fingers making a small sound resonate through my room. It was a small sound but it brought a small smile to my face, looking down to hide my smile I heard Evelyn start to play more of the same tone.

She stopped and my smile dropped, making me look up and glare at her. "Keep playing, you had it." She shook her head and I glanced down at her picking at her nails, sighing I placed my hand over hers and brought her hand to my lips. "You are doing amazing hun, close your eyes and just play whatever." She shook her head and a small idea popped into my head making me quickly get up from the bed and practically run to my speaker.

A few seconds later the song 'fourth of July' came through the speakers making me hum while making my way back to my bed. I grabbed the guitar from her hands and pulled her away from the bed despite her complaining. "Dance with me." She shook her head but I rolled my eyes and pulled her into me. I swayed back and forth, slowly getting her less stiff.

I pulled away and spun her making her laugh, her laugh was gorgeous and it makes my heart throb faster just to know that I caused it. I pulled her back into my chest and started to dance with her, just in our small circle but it felt nice, I've always wanted to do this but I never got the chance to. That thought alone made me pull her closer to me, wanting to protect her from everything and everyone.

"I like this song, very sad but I like it." I nodded and fought back the need to tell her why I like it. The only reason is that when I was a child and I first heard the song it made me think of my little Evey. I pulled away from her and bowed making her chuckle and hide her face in her hands.

I heard a knock at my door and I turned at the same time Sergio popped his head through my door with a smile on his face. Evelyn pulled me with her towards the door and smiled at Sergio, "I'm ready, you should have seen it Serg I was like a rockstar!" Sergio nodded and I saw it in his eyes, the love we all have for her was too big to hide through just a stoic expression. Sergio lifted her up and I let go of her hand, watching as he shook her lightly in the air making her cackle. Sergio stopped shaking her and looked at me and started to chuckle making me burst into a fit of laughter.

Evelyn wiggled out of Sergio's arms and stomped down the stairs making me laugh a bit harder before trying to sober up and walk after her. Sergio ran in front of me and got to her before me and tackled her onto the couch making her squeal. I grabbed her legs and Sergio held her arms as we started to walk outside.

Suddenly I felt a tug on my pants making me look down at Evelyn's dog viper. "Viper stop it we are trying to kill your mom!" I kept walking as he kept tugging at my pants, Evelyn's loud laugh filled the halls as we dragged her outside. I pushed Viper inside because Evelyn doesn't want him outside just yet so for now he is inside only beside the two am bathroom breaks.

I placed her head down on the gravel and Sergio set her feet down. She looked confused until Sergio bent down and slowly dragged her feet making her eyes go wide. I was worried for a second before I heard a few laughs mixed with screams. The fun stopped once the gate opened and a white car pulled into it, I pulled Evelyn behind me and held her hand while glaring at the car.

Their safe havenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें