Chapter nine🫶🏼

Evelyn's pov

I woke up to warm arms surrounding me, holding me close to a very hard chest. I slowly turned my head and came face to face with Salvatore.

His face was relaxed but he had a cut on his eyebrow and a cut on his cheek along with a black eye on his left eye. "Staring is rude girl." I almost pissed myself as I held my chest, feeling as my heart raced impossibly fast.

He opened his eyes and I looked away while trying to mentally and physically calm down. "You snore by the way...like really loud." He groaned as he got up from my bed.

As he was walking to my door I started to get up. "Wait." He stopped walking and turned around, I gasped as I looked down and quickly got off of my bed.

He had a large bruise on his ribs and one large one on his lower stomach. "Are you okay?!" I asked while trying to look around for something. "Here, sit on my bed and stay. Please." I quickly walked to my closet and grabbed what I needed.

I walked back out to see Salvatore looking bored. I gestured for him to raise his arms and he glared at me, but nonetheless raised his arms. "I don't need your help girl." I shrugged and wrapped a long sleeve shirt around his waist.

I wonder how one gets abs...Do they train like super hero's?! I mean it's just crazy to think that I could have abs! I just have bones.

I made a makeshift wrap around his ribs and pulled it tightly at the ends so that it would stay in place. I back away from him and gave him a small smile which he did not return.

Instead, he glared at me and looked down at the wrap. "How the fuck did you learn how to wrap like this?" I was taken aback by his tone but nonetheless, I shrugged.

I learned how to wrap due to health books at the library. I had a lot of broken ribs and sometimes I needed some extra support. I looked around and realized that I might need that same wrap.

My chin was grabbed and my head was turned up to Salvatore's. "Why did you help me?" I looked at him in confusion. "You're my brother, you would do the same for me." He pulled away and scuffed.

He walked to my door and opened it while turning around. "I wouldn't help you." My heart shattered as my door closed with a click.

My knees felt like jello and my ribs started to contract. I slowly slid down onto the floor and smacked my head while gripping chunks of my hair.

Stupid! Stupid girl! You really thought he would care about you after what happened last night!

A part of me wanted to fix what I did but another part was scared, scared of how they would react. I walked to my closet and tried to find an outfit that would fit me.

I pulled out a cute white top that was scrunched at the bottom and had little flowers on it and then light denim blue jeans that were supposed to be skinny's but they were a bit baggy on me.

I put the shirt on and felt my world crumble as I looked at my chest. I quickly pulled the shirt off and threw on a baggy band tee.

I looked up in the mirror and tried to fake a good smile. After my 4th attempt, I finally had down the perfect smile.

Once I had brushed my teeth I grabbed my phone and left my room. As I was walking through the hallway I heard the sound of a guitar playing from Salvatore's room and decided to check it out.