Chapter forty-seven 🫶🏼

Evelyn's pov

"Hey worm, don't shoot me this time." I squealed and ran into Nico's open arms. I held his chest and made sure not to put pressure on his stomach area.

I pulled away and looked up at his face, the same face that had a small smile on its lips. I'd damn those lips to hell if I had my way. I stood on my tippy toes and pressed my lips to his, the smoothness of his soft lips against me had me pushing my hips forward, wanting to savor this moment forever.

A throat was cleared making me slowly pull away from Rain with a small click. I turned and Mr.Brown was looking at Nico with pointed eyes. "Ev, Luca wants to talk to you." While he spoke he didn't take his eyes off of the man behind me which made me laugh on the inside but I kept a straight front.

I walked to Lucas's room and waited for a few minutes for him to answer, to which he did with a muffled 'come in.' Walking into Lucas's room, I looked around a bit and finally settled on the bed and waited for him to come out of his closet. I hummed a tune and pulled my phone from my pocket and started to text Lilith.

"I need you to track someone down for us, please?" I looked up at Luca and saw him fixing his dark blue tie in the mirror, he wore his Armenian suit with black glossy dress shoes. He turned his head to the side and raised his dark brow making me sigh and roll out of his comfy bed. I nodded and he sighed at the same time his shoulders sank a bit from their tense state.

Before he could get close to me I stood up straighter and put my hand out making his chest hit my hand. I looked up and squinted my eyes making him look confused. I sighed before taking a deep breath and starting to talk. "We never talked about what Lana said, about how you wanted to get rid of me." Lucas face changed to one of guilt as he refused to look down.

He held his breath and then slowly released it through his mouth with a small sigh. "I thought that it would be the best option for you at the time but once I got to learn to get over my fear. I looked around and realized something, Evelyn. I realized that you are our safe haven. You provided this safe space for us that I can never not thank you enough for." My hand crumbled to my side and Luca took the opportunity to pull me to his hard chest.

I put my arms around his waist and squeezed the side of my face into his stomach as well. As I sat there for a moment or two Luca stood there and smoothly rubbed my head while unconsciously swaying us from side to side.

We both pulled away when we heard the front door slam open and then slam shut. Luca pulled me behind him and walked towards the door. We both walked towards the stairs when we heard curses.

I heard the sound of Zion's voice and quickly ran in front of Luca causing him to whisper shout at me to stop running. I walked into the kitchen and the sight made me gasp before rushing over to Zion.

Zion was kneeling next to a girl who had brown hair that was pulled into a high ponytail, her eyes were closed but she had Zion's bone structure. "Zion who the hell is- Mason." I turned to look at Romeo in shock as he rushed over to the girl.

The girl sat on the couch with her hand on her thigh with a pained look on her face. Romeo held her leg and she practically growled while opening her eyes to look down at Romeo. She had these light brown eyes that made her look almost identical to Zion.

Romeo lifted her from the couch and walked over to the downstairs bathroom. Zion was behind me and I felt his shaky hand grab mine, squeezing it as we walked behind Romeo and the girl whose name I think is Mason.