Chapter twenty-three🫶🏼

Evelyn's pov

"Wait, where are we going?" I tilted my head while we drove out of the gate. I was still shaking from the cold so Sergio pulled me into his side and I melted into the warmth.

I started to feel tired so I slowly felt my eyes starting to close on their own accord. Romeo turned his head to look at me from the middle, he sent me a small smile and I put my thumb up.

Romeo chuckled and put his thumb to mine. "We will be there soon. It's a surprise. Get some sleep hun." I nodded at Romeo's words and I soon drifted into a peaceful sleep while Sergio started to rub my head.

Time skip🦋🦋

I felt a tap on my arm so I turned and shoved my face into my hands. I felt another tap so I threw my hand out to smack whatever was messing with my sleep.

I kept swinging until I hit something hard. "Oh shit! Even in her sleep she still slapped your dumb ass." My eyes shot open and I quickly removed my hand from Salvatore's forehead.

I kept my head down as Sergio continued to laugh harder than I have ever seen before. Romeo must have gotten tired of his laugh because Romeo kicked Sergio's knees forward making him fall to the ground.

I slid out of the car and my eyes went wide as I took in my surroundings. Tall buildings that looked over fifty feet tall and a ton of people walking or talking on their phones. I looked around and I felt my jaw drop as I saw a small cafe in the middle of a smaller building and a medium-sized building.

Alessandro tapped my chin making me snap it close. Both Sandro and Marco grabbed a hold of my hand while my brothers did that weird shield thing with their bodies.

Once we got to the door Alessandro open the door and Marco led me into the small but cozy building. The warm scent of warm apple pie and sweet hot chocolate filled my nose as I looked around at the light brown walls and a few coffee paintings here and there.

An older man walked out behind the kitchen door and his face looked old but his voice sounded young and cheerful as he spoke. "Ah! The Leones, lovely to see you again. You guys bought this store twelve years ago and yet you never visit! Assholes!" The man had a white tank top on and a gold cross hanging from his hairy chest.

Marco sighed and walked to the counter while still holding onto my hand. "Tony, we have been busy you know that." Tony looked down at me and smiled while nodding his head slowly as his shoulders began to relax from the once stiff state that they were in.

Alessandro came from beside me and walked in front of Tony, if I didn't know any better I would think that Alessandro did that stance as a slight shield. Tony chuckled and stuck out a hand to Sandro with a warm smile. "Don't worry kid I've known your sister since she was inside her mother. I would never hurt her." The mention of my mother had me gripping onto Marcos's hand harder. Marco noticed my change in behavior and pointed to the glass box that was filled with pastries.

Tony went behind the counter and grabbed something while I looked at all of the weird-looking sweets. One of the pastries was a sugar cookie that had a pig face on it. Sergio came by my side and looked at the pig cookie with me.

I almost jumped as Sergio whispered into my ear. "It looks like Salvatore but don't tell him I said that." I chuckled and looked back at Salvatore who was watching me like a hawk. Sergio grabbed my hand and pulled me away from Marco's grip.