Chapter thirty-one🫶🏼

Evelyn's pov

"MY NECK MY BACK!" I groaned as I rolled over in my bed. I raised my hand and threw my pillow at Sergio who was in the middle of my doorway with a speaker playing a very loud dirty song.

It was a catchy song but it was annoying when played at five twenty in the morning. I huffed out a breath as Sergio sat on my butt. "Come on little Ev! Time for school!" I raised my foot and kicked him in the back making him quickly move off of me.

I rolled onto my side and slowly got up while throwing random objects at Sergio. I know I made contact with something on his body because I heard a dramatic gasp. "Get out Serg!" I yelled while grabbing my phone from its charger before practically crawling to my closet.

I groaned as I felt arms around my waist. I threw my head back and I opened my eyes as Sergio just smiled down at me while picking me up. I didn't even fight him because of how tired I was, I just sat there in his arms and allowed him to drag me out of my closet.

He placed me on my bed and walked back to my closet. I opened my phone and looked through the text and a small smile made it to my face as I saw a picture from Rain come through my phone.

It was a picture of the sunrise, all the pretty pink colors mixed together with orange and underneath the picture, Rain wrote. 'Thought about you when I saw this. Not in a corny way just thought you would like it.' I smiled at the text and tried to think of something non-corny to send back.

Right as I was about to text back Sergio threw clothes into my lap leaving me in shock. "I can pick out my own outfits you know." I looked down at the outfit and shook my head slowly while getting up from my bed.

"I don't care. Get dressed chicken and meet me in my room I have a surprise!" With a kiss on the head, Sergio ran out of my room, leaving me alone in my room confused and tired.

I started to pull my shirt off when I heard a knock at my bedroom window. I walked over to the window and immediately opened it as I saw Rain standing out in the rain. I slid my window up, and while he climbed into my room I walked over to my door and locked it.

I turned around and bumped into Rain's chest almost knocking me over, he held my arms to keep me steady on my feet which I was thankful for. I shook my head and pushed him away while smiling like a kid in a candy shop. I lowered my voice to a whisper as I turned to look at him. "Rain you can't be in here, what are you even doing here?" He didn't answer me but just simply leaned against my bedpost and watched me.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my clothes while walking to the bathroom. "Evelyn." I turned my head as Rain pushed away from my bed and walked over to me. "You are okay, right? Everything that happened last night, it's all good now, yes?" I nodded my head acting as though I didn't have a nightmare about shooting Nick in the leg last night.

Rain shook his head and grabbed my chin in between his fingers and rubbed my chin. I closed my eyes as I waited for anything to happen, but nothing happened. The same gentle touch never left, never moved more than back and forth.

I felt his breath near my face and his scent of cigarettes and a faint scent of fire or the woods, either way, it smells amazing. I opened my eyes and saw him looking down at my lips as I bit down on my bottom lip.

I felt his thumb pull my lip from between my teeth and I took a deep breath as he kept his thumb on my lips. "Rain...I have school." I watched as he shut his eyes before leaning down and kissing my nose.