"Flowerboy ": chapter 32

"Alright dad whats goin on"

"wait for your mother please"

"sorry I wanted to get comftable so I changed " my mother stood right by my father

I stood in the liabry room with my parents awaiting what punshimet I was to get

the crackling fire from the fire place really added to the ambuince

"two things your marriage, and have  you wondered how we got our surname"

"ah is this is about to be a history lesson on our family can this not wait also about my marriage can it not wait either"

my mother walked near me holding my hands " I have not been the best mother I admit and I probably screwd yyou up somehow and frankly we know, we try to hold this image of ourselves and try to wear this mask but I know that I made a promise to myself before you were born that I would do right by you so.." my mother faced my farther

"After everything we have given it some thought we know that you and that boy.."

"Daniel" I spoke

"ah yes Daniel are a thing, and after everything that went down with my family I relised forcing you into a marriage we think is ideal and fitting for our marriage would not end well seeing that you have made your choice"

my mom pursed her lips " although we wanting you to marry Mason was not to be monstrous but to help ypu".

"help in what mom, you are this strong independent boss woman who strived everyday to teach me the importance of being my own person why would marrying Mason help me"

"it was never about the status or the money Aein" my mother tried comforting me

"rather the opposite"

"what ?"

"and that's what we are going to tell you life hasn't always been  rosey after the murder had happened I ran away home like I always do but this time I made a vow to myself that I wouldn't look back, I would leave everything my mother was not ok she had episodes everyday that got worse and worse.

my brother who because our farther was a mess atomatcially stepped into that role whilst bein a spokesperson for the whole bloody  town and my sister  as much as I loved her was all too young and stupid to understand just what the hell had been happening, and frankly out of my own cowardness I left.

I had no where to stay for several days and frankly livid like a nomad on countless days I would beg various people in cafés and resturants to let me stay in their restaurant parkings for some sort of refuge

eventually I couldn't do that anylonger and eneded up in this random filed where the bus had kicked me out at since I had no money to pay the full distance out of town like I planed .

" I had finally gotten sick from the various elements of old food I ate or the constant rains that had hit me when I had no shelter, and with my luck it had stormed that day I was just trying to get away from the storm and deciede to go into the filds to hide there , after about an hour my body finally gave in and I had collapesed in that very filed.

"luckily there had been good people still in this world angels really they were Lauren caseur and Silas caseur and old couple that found me in that filed and took me into there home nursing me and making sure I was ok .

eventually my short stay I was supposed to have turned to be a long one, silas was a vet and farmer hence that was his filed and well Lauren owned a chain of boutuiques around that particular area , they were kind people who really took pity on me eventually I told them who I was and everything that happened but it didn't phase them

"eventually Lauren selfishly told me how they were not blessed with the gift of children and how they would be more than glad to raise me as their own"

I had sat there taking it all in

"wait but"

"after I was taken in by them Lauren joke and would often call me her flower boy and eventually called me flower" my dad chuckled a bit " ofcourse it wasn't so great for y masculinity alpha male image he mocked.

"but I adored it, i se;fishhly decided I would compley abdonded my past and forget my family and I know how insane that sounds but it felt really good to have a mother who adored me and a farther who .. " my father chulkeld bitterly " was even there.. not only did they treat me like their won but once I had grown to be a fully capapleb adult I was given the bussinsesss  ofcourse I  though it was unfair and wanted no part of it but they insisted"

"after their deaths I rebranded once more from scotty O'harldy to Scotty Flower, our name carried so much negativity, it carried so much embrassmet at the time people treated me diffrentlyy from when I was a ohardly it was harder and you would be surprised how much still that surname carries"

"so yes cowardly I admit we tried forcing you into marriage where that name could never touch you and any negative light.. of course we cooud have done it better "

"but you know this makes no sense  regardeless of the marriage I would be regonized as flower not Ohardly "

my mom spoke ' sweetie there was an inccednt earlier I meant the lawywers took care of it swifly butt It was still a scare, early when we still lived at our old house we started seeing a loss of customers brand didn't want to work with us ofcourse we wondered why , and found out the killer had sent anonymous messages to our partners about the incident as well as reavling our past surname and your fathers identies as well as threatning our partners that if they continue to work with us bad thing would happen"

"and soon the O'harldy surname thing spread like wildfire"

"let me guess Mason's parents.."

"we joked when you were babaies that it would be perfect if you landed up together  well turns out they took it seriously they helped us greatly '

"what in exchange of me what em an object"

"what no ofcourse not we are not terrible parents , they helped us but we just thought having jhis surname would be easierbecause well flower and orharldy had become tainted"

I finally stood up and cleared my thraot

"I get you were trying to protect me, but omg you guys actually suck, trading me off and a forced marriage to a boy i knew when i was in diapers for his surname is absuard and yes the surname thing i get it i just wished we couldl have done this in a healthier more non craxy way"

everyone stood quiet

"i love Daniel he makes me happy... i would love for there not to be an arranged marriage, and i will carry our surname with pride "

" now can we just be normal" i looked at my parent who had looked like they were about to laugh

we hugged each other

" we are queit absurd aren't we "