chapter 15: "The big dinner"

mom had been really going all out when it came to dinner tonight.

i am talking all out , she had cooked  all the favorites even going so far as buying new cutlery and decorations for the table.

Our house basically looked like a straight up Pinterest board at this point .

Something about doing this made her happy ,
so we happily obliged in anything she wanted us to do .
set up candles.
check
make fancy place holders with the diffrent names of the guests that were coming over .
check
Get the patio all clean .
check

she even whipped out the fancy wines from the cellar side note those are only for special occcisons, no I   Don't think you understand like really special occasions like when aunt Vicky finally married her eleventh fiancé then divorced him after he called her useless.

she hired this  super team of cleaners for the house and payed Fred  our gardener to come in twice 
today to make sure the roses look "pretty" .

my mother wouldn't care what people thought of her  but one thing about  Mrs Thando Stone she wouldn't miss  a chance to throw a party thats for sure and a grand one at that .

"uggg  Maya help me this turteneck mom put me in is so itchy!".

"well hey Gia just barge into my room yeah?".

"this is crazy mom woudn't let me in the kitchen today 

She said something about " ruining my appetite".
I just got home I am hungry and she's been fusing over just about everything today".

"here" i pass Gia my floral red dress

"this will help with your turtelneck issue just pair the dress with those Doc Martins mom got you for christmas and your sorted"

"your the best you know that" Gia comes and hugs me before going into my bathroom to change

"as for mom fusing, just let her be today ok kiddo, mom hasn't had a little fun in a while and frankly dad needs to blow off some steam too be happy for our parents".

i had been putting on my sliver earings and applying some makeup .

"or this is an excuse  to try divert the serious weirdness in the house."

Gia's head pops out of the bathroom

"no Gia don't be  like that , come here let me zip you up".

"Gia comes back from the bathroom and sits on my bed whilst i zipped her dress up"

"Maya ?".

"yeah ?".

"you'll be ok right ?".

i zip up her dress and turn her around to look at me with a slight frown

"Gia , of course  i know things haven't been too easy around here and i am sorry but I'll be fine ok".

"ok but Maya i am here i know you think i am just your little sister but i am here ok"

"ok thank you Gia " i hug her and fix her hair a bit

"girls"  my mom shouts from downstairs

"coming !" we  both shout back .

we both come down to meet and greet Ezra's family

"hi welcome , please we have some starters waiting" my mother smiles while she kisses Jasmine's  cheeks hello and so does jasmine.

"oh my goodness Thando  your home is so so stunning my goodness thank you for having us we brought some dessert" she had an array of confectioners and sweets .