chapter27: family ties and lies p2

4 February 2008
18:00 pm
[O'HARDLY RESIDENCE]

"What the actual hell "
a glass breaks

"we can't act like this, we just can't"

"don't start"

"don't start are you kidding me don't start Thomas are you actually serious !!" Sarah's voice was heard from outside the door.

then another glass shattered

" can you let me breathe Sarah do you think I want to have this conversation right now".

sarah turned towards the door fixing her masacara

she laughed a bit " the glass walls we built  my dear are falling apart". She forced a smile .

she had opened the door  but jumped frightened at me being there.

"I am sorry I just wanted to tell my brother the people downstairs are getting impatient."

I had nervously spoken

"I am sorry I didn't mean to ease drop"

"it's ok I'll go downstairs,
go talk to your brother"
she comforted with a hug

I had stared at the glass shards that had laid all over the carpet in the office.

my brother stood up directly from leaning aginst the desk against his desk, rubbed his temple with his fingers and took a bottle pain Tablets usually used for headaches, Popped them in with some water and drank .
Then he took the another  glass  by the cabinet, poured some whisky and drank it , he then stopped midway offering me some.

"ah shi right your not legal yet sorry Nikki"
he spoke frustrated he forgot.

"I - earlier didn't mean.."

"yeah it's fine, Nikki you know  but you do know your not supposed to be up here right".

he looked at me

"yeahhh but I just can't be home right now"
I folded my arms

"what, why know what happened dearst little sister" .

he had now spoken gently

"the same bs everyday mom hates me today and frankly I am too tired to entertain her moodiness today" .
I had carefully moved into the office  avoiding the shards and sat  in the chair across his.

he had huffed a bit

" look you know mom's not well .. I get she can be a lot but please don't take anything she says to heart yeah ? ".

he smiled looking through some  papers  I am probably not supposed to see.

"yeah I know, its hard that's all".

The atmosphere was unnerving
weird
I wanted to really address what had happened but did not know how to luckily my brother had picked up just how much i wanted to talk about it and decided to speak himself ."

"Nikki couples fight  it's normal".

i looked around

"Not  to this extent .. how long have you guys been like this " I had most definitely pushed a boundary I could sense it .

he looked as if he wouldn't answer
but  to my surprise he put the papaers down quietly and spoke.

"work hasn't been too peachy for the both us we carry a lot of stress it's not always like this but yes there are day's ,
such as today are beginning to be a common thing".