Chapter 12: Walker 2.0

Start from the beginning

Let me seal the deal here then Sai.

Both my eyes glow as I press the barrel of the revolver into her chest.

Walker: "Here's what's going to happen, Emerald. We are going to have Mercury give us information on Adam Tauru's location, even if we would have to kill Sienna for this to work. After that, it's Roman's turn on the chopping block. By that point, Salem will be set very far back and be on the defensive with only a handful of people on her side against an entire planet. Then you die. Your life will amount to nothing. Anything you've ever struggled with, the days of pain of any kind...will be...for nothing. Do you understand?"

She shakily looks down and responds only with a gentle nod. I stand back up and look at the revolver in hand. It has a battery meter on the barrel...

"This pistol fires energy projectiles. Since it doesn't use traditional ammunition, multiple energy shots can be converted into one super powered shot. This pistol belongs to Dr. Carey, though he doesn't use it much anymore. It reminds him of his younger years in the Atlas Military so he keeps it around for nostalgia."

Interesting. I don't think I'll need it though. My body is able to substitute for that.

I put the revolver back on the table and open the main door of the ship. It opens up and I'm hit with the blinding light of the sun. A platform comes out for me to step down onto the grass.
.
.
.
.
.
I finally found the others. They're in Glynda's class...I shouldn't intervene. What would about an hour of waiting really do? It never hurt anybody.

???: "Walker?"

I turn my head and see the head doctor with Ozpin next to him. He's carrying that revolver around but it's in his coat pocket.

Dr. Carey: "Why did you not take the Piercer?"

The...Piercer?

"Aha! That must be the name of the revolver! And it seems it was left there for you to take!"

Walker: "Um. With all due respect sir...I don't think I'll need it-"

Dr. Carey: "You will. Trust me."

He pulls the revolver out and throws it to me alongside a weapon holster.

Dr. Carey: "Piercer is my personal weapon from my time in the military as both a scientist and a soldier. I believe Sai must have already told you about it's capabilities?"

Sai: "Yes sir!"

Did...did my left eye just glow...green? And did you just talk out loud?

"Yep!"

Ozpin: "Oh?"

Dr. Carey: "That is Sai, Professor Ozpin. Walker Schnee's new personal AI."

Sai: "Hello! It's a pleasure to meet you!"

If I were to date someone...how would that work with you here Sai?

"Why would you date? You're a cyborg Walker!"

...

Dr. Carey: "Anyways, Walker. That revolver isn't any ordinary revolver. While there is the charging capability that Sai explained...there are things that revolver does that no other pistol, revolver or even hand cannon can do. And with experience and practice, you'll find those out soon enough."

I look down at the pistol in hand.

This thing has marks all over it, clearly from years...no, decades of use. How is it still functioning? And what are these special things it can do?