Chapter 12: Walker 2.0

Zacznij od początku

I see...

I see one red dot on my radar. Weren't Emerald and Cinder in there?

Walker: "Who's the other person in that room."

"Emerald! Cinder was relocated for Ozpin's plan. Unfortunately you missed it but now you get to see the results of it! Do you wish to leave? I can inform Dr. Carey that you will be on your way!"

Alright. Do that please.

I head to the door and press the door controls. It slowly opens with a weird creek and a blinding light from all the lights in the room.

I see Emerald in a new spot in the room, still chained up. Guess Mr. Carey had some decency because that would be a bitch to be in the same spot like that for days.

Walker: "I'm assuming you've lost a lot of your motivations, haven't you?"

She shakily looks up at me with a swollen face, red and tired eyes probably from crying.

Emerald: "...just kill me...Cinder is gone...Mercury is happy doing whatever he wants...I have nothing anymore..."

"It appears she is morally broken now. I don't sense any evilness from her words. What do we do?"

I don't know. I'm not the one to point the moral compass in a direction. Mercury did that himself. I just gave him the chance.

Walker: "Why did you even follow Cinder in the first place? There's nothing likable about her."

Emerald doesn't respond but I see a single tear hit the floor.

Emerald: "I...I owed her everything..."

Huh? Owed her?

"If my assumptions are correct, she may not have always been on this side of evil. She must have a troubled past if she were to follow Cinder."

Hmmm...

Walker: "Are you jealous of Mercury?"

She looks up at me with a confused and disgusted face, her eyes bulging out of her head.

Emerald: "Why the hell would I be?! What's there to be jealous of?!"

Heh. Heheheh.

I notice a revolver on one of the tables in the room. It looks both old school and futuristic, maybe something you'd see in one of those retro shooter style games. I grab it and crouch down in front of her, pointing it at her chest.

Walker: "While he may be guilty for what he's done, he has been given a chance to prove himself and he has done so. Stopping Cinders little plan of destroying Beacon, getting the full Fall Maidens powers and who knows what else after that...he still shows signs of aggression because of what he's been surrounded by his whole damn life. Only complete psychopaths would act this way out of their own love of it. No one is BORN like that. They're molded into it by their surroundings."

Her look of disgust becomes one of deep thought, staring more through me then at me.

Walker: "Let's think about it. Mercury was born into a life of becoming an assassin. His dad beat it into him every day of his life until he killed him. You two picked him up one day and he only joined because he had nothing. I wonder how much time he spent thinking to himself that he wanted to be something else...to live a nicer life. Not even a life where you're a hero...but just a nice simple life away from the chaos...of course he could never say anything unless he wanted an arrow in his throat. I'm not saying he didn't have evil in his heart, but you get what I'm saying here."

Her breath becomes shaky and it looks like she's being enveloped in anxiety.

"I sense an anxiety attack coming."