Chapter 26

"Girl you don't understand, that shit looked ugly like miss ma'am who told you those look cute."

Veronica busted out laughing. She was in Ahmad's master bathroom doing her makeup in the vanity makeup when her phone buzzed showing Imani's caller I'd.

They had been on the phone for over an hour with Imani telling Veronica what she had seen when she went grocery shopping.

"Ronnie, I kid you not her whole lace was showing on that wig and you could see her whole nudeness underneath that see-through dress AND THE BITCH DIDNT HAVE THE DECENCY TO WEAR UNDERWEAR." Veronica continued laughing to the point she was struggling to breathe. Imani always cracked her up.

"I can't with you Imani, maybe she felt cute and decided to wear it." Veronica tried to reason even though she knew her friend wouldn't listen to her.

"Shut the fuck up, your ass was not there so you didn't see what I saw. I was with my daughter and she was like. Mommy why is it sagging."

"Not little Morgan asking why it was sagging. Poor baby."

"Poor me bitch. I just know if David was there he would have said something you know that man ain't got no filter."

"That's true." Veronica chuckled remembering when David asked a lady if her bbl was supposed to look like a square it was safe enough to say he entered his house with a red mark on his right cheek."

Veronica took a beep breathe before continuing to add her powder to her face. Ahmad was taking them out to one of his restaurants that he owned perks of being a millionaire and owning lots of other businesses besides Gallington.

Whilst she was doing that she caught sight of Ahmad behind her in the mirror his towel hanging dangerously low showcasing his v-line and his ripped abs. She paused what she was doing and decided to drink him in as she looked at him through the mirror.

She licked her lips thanking GOD for giving her such a fine boyfriend. She had forgotten completely that Imani was on the phone to her as she played deaf ears to her friends voice and just started at her boyfriend.

She saw him smirk shaking his head as he began to re-tie his locs. He strutted over to her looking at her through the mirror straight eye contact. He kissed her shoulder blade which led to kissing her neck to a full blown tongue kiss which had her internally moaning. He looked at her seeing how much she was smiling at him before kissing the side of her head heading towards the shower as she watched him biting her lips getting a nice glance of his plump ass when he went to take of the the towel.

"Ronnie, Ronnie VERONICA ADEOLA CALHOUN."
Veronica snapped out of her thoughts. "Did you have to call me by my whole government name." She groaned

"You weren't listening to me. Don't think I didn't hear the smacking you and that man were doing through the phone you nasty ass. Anyway I said did you hear about what happened last night."

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "What happened last night."

"Mr Ross got attacked last night. The man is currently on life support. Who ever did it was smart because the police have no clue who it could have been and the car park cameras haven't been working since Monday."

Veronica was shocked to say the least. Mr Ross was attacked she didn't know whether to be happy or feel bad. Yes the guy was an asshole but 'life support' she couldn't believe it.

"Yeah now, Atlantic is looking for a new boss of headlines for the 17th department. I'm honestly glad for a new boss but I must admit I'm quite scared I mean the man is on life support."

Veronica heard the shower stop running and glanced at Ahmad drying himself before heading to the bedroom.

"Anyway girl, I'll talk to you later I gotta get started on dinner for the fam. I love you Ronnie."