Chapter 20

Ahmad woke up first, looking Infront of him he could see her peacefully sleeping. It hurt that as soon as she wakes that peace she was feeling would be replaced with distraught. Ahmad sighed last nights argument replaying in his mind.

He wanted to know if everything she said was out of anger and spite or because she actually genuinely meant it. He got out of the bed not before giving her a forehead kiss. He went to go do his hygiene before he went to cook breakfast.

Veronica was something special to him, hell. Just like night he realised that he truly fell for her. He was just upset that she couldn't see what he could. He mentally slapped himself for thinking her losing her job was a good thing that way she would be able to relax, be free and express herself to him.

He knew the pros and cons of dating Veronica but frankly he didn't care. He still didn't care. He wanted her and he was going to make sure he got her. It's like she had some hold on him that couldn't let her go.

As he was plating the food he could hear her footsteps. He looked up at her. He could see red her eyes were as if she had been crying again her eye bags were swollen due to the tears from last night she looked drained and tired.

"Morning." She mumbled. He was upset she wasn't her cheery bubbling self. He blamed himself, she should be at work right now hearing the results and when she got the promotion she would immediately call him up and they would celebrate with everyone and have their own private celebration afterwards.

"Good morning." He said as he handed her,her plate.

Before he could retrieve his hand. She grabbed it in her palms stroking his hand with her thumb. He looked at her in question. She looked numb but that gesture she had just did had him curious he wanted to know where her mind was.

Veronica let go of his hand placing both hands in her head as she massaged her hair while staring at the designs on the marble counter, she took a deep breath before exhaling.

"I've been a horrible girlfriend to you, I have said things that I wasn't supposed to say out of anger and I've been dragging you down with my negativity." She took a quick glance at him before looking back at the table.

"I let my trauma get the best of me and fucked up a real good thing between us. Truth is you being my boss wasn't what a stopped me from being with you.
It was the things you could do as my boss. You already know I thought you were trying to ruin me when we were first getting to know each other." She laughed at the memory.

"But even after you left the company I thought that after we got together. That one day if we were ever to break up you would try sabotage me." "She groaned I know it was stupid think that but I was terrified Ahmad."

"I worked at the company for 3 years I get that it's not a lot but it meant something to me. I wanted to be able to make my father proud. I'm sorry I spoke to you like that and treated you as if you were weighing me down or gum stuck on my shoe. I want this relationship to work Ahmad but..."

"But, nothing Veronica you have tried to push me away but somehow I'm only closer to you."

No way was he going to let her give up hell nah. He wanted her to be confident and strong he couldn't let those doubts overflow her mind he was going to put an end to it.

"Have you noticed that everytime you did something that you realised was stupid you apologise."

Veronica looked up at him finishing her chewing. She furrowed her eyebrows confused at that statement.

"Yeah Ahmad, I'm supposed to admit when I'm wrong and apologise I've had to do it multiple times. What you tryna say that I've been apologising to much because I keep fucking up all the time?" She frowned. She knew she was the problem in the relationship hearing this only made her doubts worse.

"No." He grabbed her hand causing her to look at him "My point is you own up to your mistakes, you do it on your own terms no one is forcing you the fact that you have no problem saying your sorry means a lot. It means you won't let your pride get in the way. I remember you bringing me brownies and stating how sorry you were when you were upset that I didn't wake you for work."

"Because you were so stuck on work you thought that my nice gestures were ways of sabotages."

"Your point?" She wanted to see where he was going with this.

"My point is-" He was cut off by the sound of her phone ringing.

"It's Imani, hold on let me hear this I'll be quick. I'm sorry." She said sincerely

"Hello." Veronica put it on speaker she couldn't be bothered putting the phone to her ear.

" YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS, THEY PROMOTED FELIX BITCH ASS!!!,FELIX!!!. WHERE ARE YOU WE CAN GO JUMP THEM TOGETHER ILL TAKE LEGS YOU TAKE HANDS." Imani shouted through the phone you could hear the anger mixed with panic in her tone.

Veronica just stared at her phone. Felix? They promoted him it made sense as she was the only person who was competition and actually better than him. She didn't know tears dripped from her face until she felt Ahmad's hands swipe the tears away.

"Umm." Her voice broke. "Umm, Imani can I call you back." "WHAT DID YOU JUST HEAR WHAT I SAID." Imani screamed. Veronica was sure people could hear her friends shriek. Hell it was practically echoing in the room."

Veronica sighed. "Yeah I heard you Imani, I'll call you back ok?" Without a response back Veronica hung up the phone.

"I should go." She said getting up from the chair losing her appetite.

"You see that right there that." Ahmad quickly grabbed her holding her by her waist.

"What?"

"That, Ronnie can't you see your job is draining you. Ever since I met you, you were this crazed maniac about getting everything right. You stood and acted professionally but I could see it in your eyes. Veronica your job was toxic you need to let it go."

She huffed lightly " Easier said than done, Ahmad you heard what she said, they promoted Felix I have no job and I don't know what I'm going to tell Imani or my mom I don't want to be stuck I'm scared." She broke down crying again. Veronica was pissed at herself she never cried like this she was her own backbone the fact that so many tears had come out made her pissed off.

"Come work for me.!" He cupped her cheeks whipping her tears.

"A-Ahmad"

"Look, you won't be an assistant we could make a whole different department for you where you get your own office and can be your own boss think about it. You won't be stressed out anymore and k sure as hell won't make you stuck."

"I-I cant" she lowered her head.

" And why the hell not"

"Because i want to earn my spot I don't want your handouts as much as i appreciate it can you please let me think about it."

"Please." She looked up into his eyes while pressing her hand on his chest

"Ok." He muttered looking at her lips.

"Thank you." She said sincerely before pulling him into a kiss.

————-

Heeeey, Major announcement. So I'm no longer gonna be doing the 4K 5k 6k words that was only for leading up to the big plot now it's going back to 1k 2k plot but don't worry you will still get some juicy bits and shocking scenes.

Thank you guys for reading so much and please leave a comment done below. Byeee